1965 Fox Campus on Ebay

mybiz

Well is his name is right (milk_dude) the name speaks for its self. I saw it lastnight also
the milk_dude is milking this 1 out he will be lucky to get $250.00 there are to many people out there thats bumped there heads! this guy has bumped his head more than once!:hammer::hammer::eek:ut::thumbdown:

delray

well i live only a hour away from janesville and campus minibikes are a dime a dozen around here:doah: the only thing that might bring the value up little. would be if it came with the original briggs motor? before they switch to tecumseh engines. ogy could tell more on them:thumbsup: when it comes to value of a campus bike.
try finding the very first campus bike.......goodluck

mini99

well i live only a hour away from janesville and campus minibikes are a dime a dozen around here:doah: the only thing that might bring the value up little. would be if it came with the original briggs motor? before they switch to tecumseh engines. ogy could tell more on them:thumbsup: when it comes to value of a campus bike.
try finding the very first campus bike.......goodluck
Like this?

delray

thats it mini99:thumbsup:
heres my bike. made my bike into a rat rod and then after that i found out what it was:doah:
next one i find is going to ogy:smile:

mini99

So far everything that my brother added to his can be taken back off. Just incase.
I'll tell ya, that bike is a handfull to ride with a good runnin motor on it.

thats it mini99:thumbsup:
heres my bike. made my bike into a rat rod and then after that i found out what it was:doah:
next one i find is going to ogy:smile:
You don't know how tickled I am to hear you say that Delray. You're lucky to live in the Janesville area. I would imagine that with some serious scrounging and advertising you could pick up quite a few Fox frames and parts. I envy you. I too have been watching the Utah fixer-upper on ebay. This Fox Campus phenomena is really something. There are three guys out there who got the idea somewhere that the Fox Campus bikes are rarer than blue diamonds. They're scarce, but not rare. One guy from Philadelphia runs ads on ebay once in a while offering to build you a Campus bike from spare parts and other pieces of crap he has lying around his shop. Nothing is authentic, nothing fits, nothing matches or is the right color. And yes, you too can have one of these beauties for the giveaway price of only $2500.00. So Utah Joe sees this and figures; Hell, mine ought to be worth at least that much too. Thus his buy it now for $2500.00. Good luck Utah Joe! Realistically, his is worth between $600.00 and $800.00. A fair portion of what he's selling can be salvaged and used for a restoration, but there are a lot of his pieces that totally unusable and some that aren't even Fox pieces. Two weeks ago I drove to Detroit and picked up a running original Fox Campus for $225.00. So, are there Fox Campus bikes out there...yes. Can they be picked up for a reasonable price....yes. Will this guy get $2500.00 for his....very unlikely. Myself, I'd go $600.00 for it and only if I was close enough to drive and pick it up, Aside from that I just sit back and enjoy the show. Keep looking for me Delray. I could use a trip to Wisconsin. Do they sell White Castle hamburgers in Wisconsin. I only travel to states that have White Castle burgers. Ogy

delray

if i find another original campus i will let you know ogy:thumbsup:
and yes they do have white castle burgers in the milwaukee area...:thumbsup:
i see alot of original doodle bugs(red) and campus bikes(blue),but not alot of briggs bikes,tecumseh most of the time...............:scooter:

I will do the same ogy, seems like this area is pretty saturated with fox's. If I find one I'm sure we can work something out.:thumbsup:
Thanks Mark, I really appreciate your offer/help in locating a 1962 original design Fox Campus minibike. Living in central Pennsylvania I would have a better chance of finding a living Tyrannosaurus Rex than I would of finding an original 1962 Fox. Thanks again. Ogy

delray

here is one more picture of a early campus with a flathead and it looks like it had a front mount tank? maybe a tecumseh? or a briggs? briggs did make some front mount tanks in the early 60's.
also bike has flat style fenders and a light. its a poor picture,but you can see it. right side second bike down. maybe someone else has a better picture of this?

delray

if you go to minidoodle brochures you can read the info below the picture
MINIBIKE BUYERS GUIDE
color of the bike with the 4-stroke,fenders,lights came candy apple red.
my bike still has the original blue's color on it. i wonder if my bike had the 2-storke on it?
remember markg i found this one in your backyard(watkins junkyard):smile:

Hi Ogy, You and I both like Fox minibikes. But I know it can be a strain for friends to bid against each other. Therefore, plus several other reasons, I am going to focus on purchasing some type of Rupp Roadster or similar with front and rear brakes and suspension and I will put on a Briggs flat head or OHV engine and torque convertor. While I watch for any Rupp mini bikes in New England, I will keep my eyes open for Fox Minibikes and I will point them out to you. I probably will not purchase a Fox minibike unless it is one of the later ones with front and rear suspension.