"1965 Skat Kitty"....Vintage Class

Got my chrome pieces back last night. They look great. Thought it was gonna take 6-8 weeks. Only took 2 weeks. Handlebars, neck, exhaust, tank straps, gas cap and neck bearing caps. All this for $200! I'm thinking it was a good deal.
Soon I hope to be as cool as this guy...:scooter:

Avatar,i know you dont like the red finish on your frame,i myselph dont
think acid will help ? the kittys i had always seem to have a graney finish
on the cast frame, i could be wrong,but the only prosses that might be a
lot of sanding/grinding,i think its a casting thing,let me know please, :thumbsup:

Wayne, I've decided I'm going to have to live with the finish. It's caused by impurities oozing out of the cast aluminum when its heated for powder coating. I had a couple people telling me to have it painted, I guess I should have listened to them. It really does look nice, it just has some acne where the outgassing occurred. All the other parts look beautiful. As soon as I get my brake shoe re-lined it's ready to go back together.

glad to hear that avatar,even with reg paint,its very hard to get a realy
good finish, :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::smile: i think its the casting

Last edited:

MiniBike Paul

Wayne, it is not the casting or the red powdercoat, it is outgassing! When mine was powdercoated last year, the owner of the company (who after it was done explained all this to me) saw it came out with pock marks all over so he re sand blasted it clean, put it in a 400 degree bake all day, cleaned it, re powdercoated and it came out pretty darn good, however there was still a little pitting from the cast aluminum gassing!

The worst area is sort of visible in this picture, on the weide top bar towards the front

Hey Paul, it's no fair posting a picture of a nicer bike than mine on my thread. Just kidding fella...keep the pictures coming...I like them and might learn something. I probly could have picked an easier bike for my second one ever. The first one was a Ruttman Wild Goose. All parts are available for those, try finding parts for a Skat Kitty. If you know of any parts, I need a foot peg, and a front rim. I need the foot peg for my second frame and I want the rim so I can get the sidecar! Man I want that sidecar!

I just got my brake shoe back from being re-lined. Now I can re-assemble the bike and start working on the engine. I think I'm going to wax all the painted parts before I assemble.