1971 Classic Moto-Ski Motoskeeter minibike 450

My new baby

the front wheel is not a Skeeter i know, seems like a honda or something. Missing a clutch protector.

This is my parts bike same 1971 Classic Moto-Ski Motoskeeter minibike 450, but the frame is a bit different for some reason.

On a side note what kind of new motor would fit well on this frame , any suggestions.

thnaks

Yep, that front wheel looks like one from a Honda trail bike. As for a motor a 6.5hp Honda clone motor would fit in there, just tank off the tank that comes on the motor and use the tank on the bike. You can buy them at Princess Auto for $99 on sale. :thumbsup:

Your parts bike actually doesn't look that bad of shape, what's wrong with the BSE motor on it? :shrug:

buckeye

Man, that looks to be a great bike. Find ya the correct front wheel and fix the engine and call it done.:thumbsup:

Yep, that front wheel looks like one from a Honda trail bike. As for a motor a 6.5hp Honda clone motor would fit in there, just tank off the tank that comes on the motor and use the tank on the bike. You can buy them at Princess Auto for $99 on sale. :thumbsup:

Your parts bike actually doesn't look that bad of shape, what's wrong with the BSE motor on it? :shrug:
Well the gas tank is rusted, missing clutch and pull stater ...About rusted tanks is drywall screws and nuts still the way to go, followed by some metalthing product ?

thanks

joshua. c.

try Metal Rescue Rust Remover in the tank, after you shake the the nuts around to get the lose rust out. that stuff works. I dropped a rench that i had lost 10 years ago , into it, after finding it in outside and after a day and a half soak time all the rust had vanished. it did a nice job cleaning a corroded briggs updraft carburetor bowl as well. the best part it it wont eat paint plastick rubber or irritate your skin.
iv herd vinigar work as well. it shood do the trick but it starts to eat the metal after a while. so dont forget you have it in there.

paulhew

You gotta great thing with that BSE !!!, Its hard to find those .....that are as complete as that!!!!.......No honda clone !!! Just my opinion !!

As far as the BSE recoil goes, gx200 Honda/clone recoils will work on them. You make have to use the starter cup from the clone as well, but that would be an easy bolt on deal. :thumbsup:

I agree with Paul, don't go with a clone unless you have to, I am going to be using a clone on my 550, but I will be mounting it so I don't mod the frame, that way when I get the tools and funds to rebuild the 2-stroke I can. :thumbsup:

A brief history by year or the BSE ENGINES for the sleds.

Research and Development

- A 440 BSE F/A first appeared in a Bullet chassis
- The sleds' model number suggests it is a KMS engine (1XR7 K) but the BSE's were different
- KMS (Kebec Moto-Ski) engines debuted in 1970 as limited hand built versions
- Wider use in 1971 Bullets in 295, 340, 650, and 800 versions but quality issues during mass manufacture and the termination of the Bullet program caused the discontinuation of KMS for 1972.

Incorporation into the Lineup

- BSE engines first appeared in the model lineup in 250, 340, and 440 axial fan versions
- Available in the Cadet 250M, Zephyr 340T + 440T, MS-18 440T, and Grand Prix 340T-SS + 440T-SS
- The resemblence to a CCW is not coincidence. BSE's were manufactured in Japan by the same people who brought us CCW and Kiortz but to slightly different specs.

Exclusive use of BSE's

- All 1973 Moto-Skis came through with BSE's.
- 250, 340, and 440 fan engines stayed the same but were joined by a 295 twin fan, 400 twin F/A, 440 twin F/A, and a 340 triple F/A
- The 295 was a rotax in desguise. It is the same basic motor as found in the '73 ski-doo's and even has a "Made in Austria" tag
- The 400, 440, and 340 triple F/A engines were also rotax engines slightly reworked

- Models using BSE's were: Cadet 250 (fan) , Capri 295, 340, and 440 (fans), Zephyr 340 and 440 (fans), "F" 295, 340, and 440 (fans), "S" 400(F/A) and 440 (F/C), "SR" 340 F/A triple.

Writing on the Wall

- Last year of the Japanese built BSE, actual engines changed little except for 440T which became a 6 port design and goes from 33 to 40 H.P.
- Cadet 250, Capri 295, Futura 295, 340, and 440, Chimo 440, Grand Sport T.S. 400, Grand Sport 440

1975-
Hello Rotax

- Last year of the BSE name.
- Only the Chimo 440, Grand Sport 440, and Cadet 250 use BSE engines. All other models use Rotax motors actually displaying the
Rotax name.
- By 1976 all models use Rotax engines and Moto-Skis are completely Bombardier designs

Last edited:
Yep that's for the sleds. :thumbsup:

By the way Jean, I hope you don't mind, but I posted the pics of your 2 'skeeters in the moto skeeter photo collection page. :thumbsup: