2017 Is Going to Be a Great Year !

I 've been waiting for 2017 for a long time now.. So now have 5 months left to pay on this place and It will be all mine.:biggrin: and no more payments.:thumbsup: May is the big month....I just hope I live long enough to enjoy It ! :laugh:
Counting down . :wink:

[MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] congratulations Eric. I bet you're stoked! Hey, never tried one of the 4.5" OldMiniBikes brakes. I have used several Cat 4.00's and they're all pretty craptastic. Slightly better than a Cat sprocket brake.

However the drum brake Cheezy sold me with a Stellar will lock up the tire. So I guess they can be made good. :)

How damn old are you then??!! :laugh: Congratulations my friend!! Must feel pretty darn good!! I'll get to experience it in ooooooooooh....another 25 years!! :lol:

I 've been waiting for 2017 for a long time now.. So now have 5 months left to pay on this place and It will be all mine.:biggrin: and no more payments.:thumbsup: May is the big month....I just hope I live long enough to enjoy It ! :laugh:
Counting down . :wink:
Congrats my friend! You will enjoy the feeling. I can attest to that. We have been blessed with Houses. Built our first house on an acre of land the wife inherited. Just the 2 of us. We hung 12 foot sheets of sheetrock on the ceiling by ourselves... Hand nailed too. Didn't have a screw gun like today. We were much younger and enthusiastic way back then. We had the frame work and roof done by a friend so we could get it dry as fast as possible but we did all the rest. Paid for it as we went and were blessed that we never had a payment on that house. Bought this house in 2006 and had a payment on it for a year while the house and property in Charleston sold. Bought twice the house in the country on 6 acres instead of one and had money left over to build my shop. Again we have been blessed with this house and no payment. It gives you a whole different sense of security knowing that it is yours and nobody can knock on the door with there hand out. May is not far. You will make it! Besides you have a build off to compete in I suspect...

Last edited:
Any day above dirt is a good day. And congrats and welcome to the debt free club....soon you will be like the rest of us and squander the money on toys and booze and loose woman. Oh wait...scratch the last two...but ya it is a good feeling not having that on your shoulders after May.

Good job man..paid my house off when i was 50..retired at 61..actually had to for medical reasons..worked myself to death...when i was 35 i knew that if i had a mortgage at retirement i'd be screwed...it's ok tho..i'm getting stronger coz can walk and lost 30 lbs..it was worth it..i see people way older than me working at Mac Ds while i spend my savings, play with my toys and sleep in the middle of the day..happy healthy new year to all:clap::scooter::punk::sleeping::001_tongue::boat::scooter:

I am debt free and have been for a few years. But I also have very little things of value. I guess I will have to value things like friendship and past memories with more respect.
I just got home last night from a hospital stay with the VA and a nursing rehabilitation center full of people in all stages of senior care and I feel better after seeing a glimpse of their life
Steve

My Mother paid off her home 11 years early by paying 3 payments of principle for a while and then 2 payments and did not buy any new cars and sold the house last year. But she is old school and now 94 years old.