212 predator 22mm mikuni

I have a 212 predator I wanna install a 22mm carb and I can order everything tonight but I have a question. When I put the manifold on how will I get the carb studs out and what kind of bolts do I need to bolt the manifold onto the head. I'm not paying $30 for the manifold from nrracing so I'm gonna make my own manifold for it. And also this is my brothers account not mine I just use his account

Put 2 nuts on the intake stud and tighten the bottom nut up against the top one and use the bottom one to unscrew the stud, then do the other!

6mm metric allen head length depends on the thickness of your manifold but you want about a half inch of threads to screw into head.

Or you can get 6mm threaded rod and make your own studs for your new manifold...
I really like NR racing long manifold... Holds up great comes with proper mounting hardware and a pulse fitting.
I would pick it over the cheap ARC manifold that is flimsy and weak!!!

Honestly, $40 for the manifold isn't a bad price. Especially one that has a round carb side and a D shaped head side. I have an animal intake on a RTC-8 predator head and I had to enlarge holes to mount it and there is no way to make the manifold a D shape to match the head. How are you planning on making your manifold and out of what? Im just speaking from experience and not wanting to spend money on the $40 intake. Smallenginecams.com has a good deal on carb, air filter, and intake and it's a good price. $95.

Last edited:
I have a little piece of manifold with a flange that has a d port that was off another engine and I have a piece of an old dirt bike manifold for a mikuni so I'll cut the dirkbike one off some and run a piece of radiator hose to connect the pieces

I have a little piece of manifold with a flange that has a d port that was off another engine and I have a piece of an old dirt bike manifold for a mikuni so I'll cut the dirkbike one off some and run a piece of radiator hose to connect the pieces
Good plan, as long as you have the "D" port than your good. I did the same thing with my Animal intake, cut it in half anyways. I will at some point buy the intake from NR racing with the "D" port, but am still annoyed that I didn't just buy the kit upfront, I'm gonna stick with this as it is if or a while. I will post the link to ebay for the 1" hose I used. It has a 45 and turns the carb and filter towards the back wheel which is what I wanted.

Attachments

Thanks on my flange its a d port that is close to the one on my head I just need to go over it a tad with a dremel and clean it up. I used to have a 1" silicone 45° I can't remember what it was for either I'll use it

Post up some pictures of your end result if you don't mind. Using the hose and hose clamps is one way to introduce vacuum leaks if it isn't air tight. I used 1.5" hose clamps. Was that your plans as well?

Ive tried using half a pitbike manifold, a home made half and some radiator hose with hose clamps it works . I ended up buying the nr racing one because I needed another one. The nr racing is a nice manifold , its one solid piece looks clean and the d port should flow alot better.

I plan on running 1.5" hose clams for it and I'll post some pics when the parts come in, and for vacuum leaks I plan on running a very thin layer of some silicon on the pieces of the manifold along with the hose clamps to reduce the risk of a vacuum leak. I want to buy that nice one piece billet aluminum manifold but I'm a cheap person, I don't think I can bring myself to pay that for one lol. I almost didnt buy the carb, but later on I might not be so stingy with my money and I might just break down and buy it.

Instead of silicone try hair spray...to stick the tubing...

That is all I use with my modified turbo car... With 20lbs of boost and 3" tubing and couplers has not failed yet...

Instead of silicone try hair spray...to stick the tubing...

That is all I use with my modified turbo car... With 20lbs of boost and 3" tubing and couplers has not failed yet...
Yes hairspray , on my 6.0 turbo diesel when I pull the boost tubes off they go back with White rain hair spray . And like was said they have never blown off .

I guess you learn something new everyday. When all my parts come in im gonna have to try that. Later today or tomorrow I should be able to start working on a piece of my intake, if i get it done up I'll have to put up a pic or two.

Ok I been working with the limited supplies I have and I have come up with this. This is all I have 074.jpg 079.jpg 080.jpg 081.jpg for now its a temp until I can buy an actual intake because I have $0. It still needs alot of work done this flange isnt a d port but its a little smaller than the d port on the head so I can take a dremel to it to match it with the d port