30 series torque converter overload?

Anyone know if a new 30 series TC (from BMI) will survive the 10hp tecumseh? I'm building a drag style 'chopper' with a kart rear tire set up...

Yeah, I know what Comet states but I couldn't help but wonder if they had covered their ass by a few points and if anyone else had pushed the envelope a bit & made it work. All just wishful thinking that I could only spend $150 on a 30 series rather than $300 on a 40...

Totally different systems the 30 series is a asymmetrical system. And the 20 ,40 are symmetrical systems. It all comes down to griping power and the spring pressure of the applied torque. More torque needs bigger springs and bigger belt.
Gasgastrials: make sure you know how the systems work before you plop down the money for parts the one big thing on the 20 ,40 series have to have the movable faces opposite each other. Where as the 30 series clutches have the movable faces on the same plane or side. The Comet series 44 driver clutch is very tunable and you can adjust the engagement rpm to bring your engine into its power band.
Steve :scooter:

Neck

Growing up is optional
I can feel my TAV 2 slip under a heavy load from my 8 horse Briggs, so a 10 horse will only be worse!

Thanks for the insight... I stopped my order on the 30 & have a 40 driver/44 driven coming. I have another TC question but will start a new thread... Also going to attempt to post a pic of my rolling frame. Again, thanks guys.