6.5 honda motor cam upgrade help!!!

I need help with the 6.5 honda motor i am making some modifications to, what i have bought so far from OldMiniBikes is the super x cam, flat top piston, 0.010 over rod, 18 lb. springs, 8 degree key, all witch i dont have a problem with, my concern is that if i buy the 1.3:1 rocker arm is there going to be and issue with piston hitting the valve with 30% more lift with the new cam 275 lift, i have 0.010 head gasket. has any one have any experience with combination before, any help sure would be appreciated. thanks

hey guys thanks , i think ill try it with the stock rockers for now and see how she runs, another thing what size jet would be good to use with this set up and with the 1.3:1 rockers?

C9H13NO3

hey guys thanks , i think ill try it with the stock rockers for now and see how she runs, another thing what size jet would be good to use with this set up and with the 1.3:1 rockers?
Try a 92, if that's too lean try a 95. You should just get a bigger carb like a VM22 or a tilly.

will he also need the spacer for the valve cover? im curious because i was gonna do something similar in the future and i heard with the 1.3s you needed it

you don't need the pulse fitting. it's only used if you're running a fuel pump. that's not really needed unless the outlet of the tank is below the carb so the fuel won't flow into it. on a mildly modded motor there's no need to run one.

i think what i will do is get it because it comes as a kit at Affordable go-karts web site and plug the hole and maybe down the road do a little more to it. thanks for your info, learning something new every day, this has got to be the best site out there for info you can get.
:thumbsup:

i dont know man i put mine in and it hit both lobs , i ordered the one at OldMiniBikes arcdj-1110 , i went ahead and tried to turn it all the way around and saw that it was hitting the bottom of the cylinder . no big deal , i just made room.:grind: i don't know maybe they sent me a bigger one ,not sure, this is the first one for me, it must be something i am not doing right if no body is having to cut theres, the valve train is working like its should, its in and almost ready to fire up, how much hp gain do you think i will get and should i use high octane gas? not sure what compression i have know.

i dont know man i put mine in and it hit both lobs , i ordered the one at OldMiniBikes arcdj-1110 , i went ahead and tried to turn it all the way around and saw that it was hitting the bottom of the cylinder . no big deal , i just made room.:grind: i don't know maybe they sent me a bigger one ,not sure, this is the first one for me, it must be something i am not doing right if no body is having to cut theres, the valve train is working like its should, its in and almost ready to fire up, how much hp gain do you think i will get and should i use high octane gas? not sure what compression i have know.
I can't give you a HP rating, but it should feel alot different. When you drop a bigger cam in the engine it sounds and feels ALOT different.