6.5 honda motor cam upgrade help!!!

runs great , i left the stock e-tube in and took a set of torch cleaners and opened up the main just a little, does good, has good mid range and top end , a little slow on the take off , i m at 225 so i can see i might need a little more , i am running 10 -60 gears on a stock Murry frame and wheels , i just ordered the 3.1 rockers and 26 lb springs and air filters, i tried the 8* timeing key but i rung it off , i am thinking i did not have it tight enough ,so i got a new one coming, i know if i get a new one back in that will help on the take off. so i am going a little at a time.

Last edited:
well i got the springs ,rockers,and the 8*key in , also changed to 91 main and the new e-tube in ,runs a lot better but i jacked it up off the floor and held it wide open, it started cutting out like it had a rev limiter on it, don't know if the valves were floating or it was running out of gas, i guess ill change the main to the 95 that i have and see,and go from there.

well i got the springs ,rockers,and the 8*key in , also changed to 91 main and the new e-tube in ,runs a lot better but i jacked it up off the floor and held it wide open, it started cutting out like it had a rev limiter on it, don't know if the valves were floating or it was running out of gas, i guess ill change the main to the 95 that i have and see,and go from there.
It was cutting out? It needs more gas. When the valves float you will hear a very distinct sound, like the engine wants to rev, but can't.

I also doubt with the springs that your valves would float.

thats kinda what i thought ,i'll change out the main tomorrow and see what happens, i know that i need a bigger carb. maybe the vm22 but i'll have to wait until payday, i still need the billet flywheel, and a good clutch,and may another cam with a little more duration , only money right. THANKS C9H13N03

thats kinda what i thought ,i'll change out the main tomorrow and see what happens, i know that i need a bigger carb. maybe the vm22 but i'll have to wait until payday, i still need the billet flywheel, and a good clutch,and may another cam with a little more duration , only money right. THANKS C9H13N03
I have a complete Mikuni setup for sale...

but i jacked it up off the floor and held it wide open, it started cutting out like it had a rev limiter on it, don't know if the valves were floating or it was running out of gas.

I will go out on a limb here and say never, I will repeat never, dead rev any engine, car, motorcycle, minibike, ect. Engines are designed to have some sort of drag on the crank, dead rev it enough and you will have a grenade.

And seriously get a rod and flywheel so you can do this without worry so you dont lose your family vegetables.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/h...nor-your-engine-OldMiniBikes-please-read.html

I will go out on a limb here and say never, I will repeat never, dead rev any engine, car, motorcycle, minibike, ect. Engines are designed to have some sort of drag on the crank, dead rev it enough and you will have a grenade.

And seriously get a rod and flywheel so you can do this without worry so you dont lose your family vegetables.
x2

you're more likely to have something let go when revving it with no load. the engine will reach higher RPMs doing that than when you are riding.

i did have the chain hooked up , but thanks for the tip, i do have the rod with the flat top, i just don't have the room here were i live to many houses and cars , i'll have to load it up and find a long enough strip, how much for the Mikuni? is it a 22? thanks guys

i did have the chain hooked up , but thanks for the tip, i do have the rod with the flat top, i just don't have the room here were i live to many houses and cars , i'll have to load it up and find a long enough strip, how much for the Mikuni? is it a 22? thanks guys
Sorry, it sold last night.

now i have a slight problem , when i first start it up, sometimes not every time it smokes not bad and then after about a minute when it warms up i will hit the gas a couple of times and it stops and its fine , do i need a new valve seal or some sort of a vent ?