"69 Taco T100 Build

I picked this bike up back in August and I have finally started working on it the past month or so. When I got the bike you can see what kind of shape it was in. It had a non running '59 briggs 2 1/2 hp engine and conduit in place of the rear shocks. It also had a chunk of the frame on the lower right side that was completely rotted away. It was missing the jackshaft and the rear wheel was flipped around so the sprocket was on the wrong side. I fixed the frame right away and started accumulating the missing parts to get the bike up and running.I had a '62 Briggs 4hp so I decided to use that motor for now. The last pic is where I left off with the build until this past month.

Attachments

About a month ago I started breaking this bike down and getting all the paint stripped. I noticed that the neck had been fixed at one time and it was welded on crooked which made he bike look like it was always leaning. I heated it up and was able to straighten it out. The top half of the frame was also was also pushed about 1/2" to the right in reference to the engine plate so I got that straightened out as well. The frame had been beaten with a hammer in several paces so I decided I had no choice but to fill the dents prior to painting. I had posted a thread about the original color of this bike and found out it was blue. I decided to go with this color instead of trying to match the original color. I primed everything with Duplicolor self etching primer and it is painted with Duplicolor ocean blue metallic with blue anodized sprayed over top. I almost looks liquid blue in the light. Next up is the engine which still needs to be cleaned up and painted and I will be getting a new seat made soon. I also need to work on the wheels and rear drum brake a bit and get a few new bolts to replace the rusted ones. The last pic is where the bike sits today.

Attachments

Hey cruhr1, nice going so far. I'm getting a kick outta the 6" wheels for a change, mine has 5" wheels but it's a rockin minibike! Here's my 99, restored by Havasu Dave, I was very lucky it came into my reality.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I got the engine broke down tonight. I hope to get it cleaned up and painted over the next few days. I will post pics of the painting process. I took the head off tonight and the cylinder wall and valves look really good. All it needs is a new head gasket when it goes back together.

Engine is painted

Here are the pictures of my engine painting project. It took me a few days to get it done but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. As you can see this engine was a greasy mess when I started. With the help of Gunk engine degreaser and good old CRC Brakleen it cleaned up pretty well. I have a few parts on the way from OldMiniBikes warehouse and a brand new seat from Manchester1 that should be here next week. As soon as the parts arrive I can get this bike done and start looking for another one!

Attachments

That engine came out great. Get yourself a nice set of water transfer decals on ebay from member minibikepaul. You can purchase the individual decals for that engine or a complete set:thumbsup:

Almost done!

I received my brand new seat today from manchester1. It looks great on the bike and a perfect fit. I have the engine back in the bike and all that's left is the jackshaft, chains and hook up the throttle and brake cables. Look for finished pics tomorrow night.

Attachments