A childhood Rupp story

I played with the carb for about 2 weeks and just couldn't get it to run right. When I got to Windber, Chatten played with the adjustments for a hour, still not right.:laugh: Then Peekster came over and wiggeled the throttle assembly on the carb and said it was too loose and probably sucking air.:doah: He told me to put a new carb on.............just happen to have one with me:laugh: Installed the new carb and took a spin around the circle....ran stinky:doah: Chatten made a few adjustments and amazing:bowdown: Ran like brand new:clap: I re-built that carb 2 times and here it was the throttle shaft the entire time.:doah:
Thanks for passing that on to me as well Karen! :thumbsup: As it turns out another member passed one of those carbs to me the same day figuring I could use it. After you told me about your change over, I was happy I got it.

Tinkered with the Rupp today. I have had this newer clutch cover for a while and I keep moving it around:laugh: Decided to install on the bike today. I think I got it from one of the Wulf brothers...............I can't even remember:doah: Tom got me motivated with him working on his rupp:thumbsup: I am also still cleaning mud off the bike from Windber. :laugh:
I had to transfer the bracket to the new clutch cover. The rivets I had was perfect:thumbsup:

Thanks Tom. You could put a ton of money in these Rupps. Just fixing it up a bit. I think before Windber next year, I'm going to replace all the bearings. This is my "Rupp Rat":laugh::laugh:

buckeye

Yeah, kinda like those Nanza's. Money pits.:laugh:

I've done well so far. Sest cover off ebay. Tubes for the tires.
Haven't gotten into the TAV and engine. :eek:
And I really don't need a huge amount of stuff. I am not going crazy on a restoration. :thumbsup:

Fantastic job Karen. just read the whole story and it was great. The history is everything and you have it all.Your work is great--you go girl!--super bike.

My sister-in-law told me about 2 years ago that she had a photo of the day I gave my Rupp to her son, my nephew Kristofer. She finally found the photo. :clap: I'm not sure what year it was but he is 41 years old now and I am old:laugh:

delray

Cool picture. Karen...:thumbsup:

Check out the wood cart in the back ground. That would be a real trip going down a big hill......:eek:hmy:

capguncowboy

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't find stuff since the site update. I like to think I'm on the up-and-up when it comes to website usage, but that "threads" link not being there, and the search function never returning results makes it hard to find anything without going page by page.