A childhood Rupp story

Made a new seat cover for my Rupp today:thumbsup:. The seat cover I had on the bike just killed my butt at Windber last year.:laugh: The piping was so thick on the seat it just dug into me. I guess if I wasn't riding 6 hours a day it would of been just fine. :laugh: My home made cover looks much better:wink:

I just left them in there because I am lazy.:laugh: When the weather gets better, I'm going to try and hook up the lights. I think I have acquired everything.:thumbsup: Too bad I threw all the lights in the trash 40 years ago.:doah:

buckeye

Such a great story.
Seat maker is really moving along. Looks much more comfy.
I'm gonna throw a layer or two of new foam to cushion my bootyyy.:laugh:

delray

i got to do the the samething manchester1. my 40+ old seat on my thunder bolt fox at winder just can't keep up with me.............

My original foam is pretty good but I'm going to put a tiny bit more in there for my butt.:laugh: I did a paint test on my seat with some lettering. I copied the letters from a original seat. Looks good from a "distance".:laugh: I need to work on that.:thumbsup: Its ok for my bike because it is my rider.:scooter:

What did you use for the lettering paint? Yours looks great. I may need some assistance with the trike seat. But I was thinking of stenciling my avatar on the seatback.:thumbsup:

I used duplicolor spray paint. I tried some on a test piece a few days ago. I stretched the vinyl, scraped and rubbed and the paint was perfect. I'm also going to try some of that white vinyl spray paint.

capguncowboy

Wish I could make holes in my pretty seat. I have the snaps.
Looks great Special K!!
When I did my new cover, I put it on my bike, marked the exact center with a sharpie, then got out the snap gun. I referred to the old cover to see what height they needed to be from the bottom. It worked like a charm

When I did my new cover, I put it on my bike, marked the exact center with a sharpie, then got out the snap gun. I referred to the old cover to see what height they needed to be from the bottom. It worked like a charm
Have yet to find a snap gun:doah: The one I bought is too small for the center of the snap holes. I have a snap kit which includes a shaft that looks like a nail:laugh:. You just wack it with the hammer on a hard surface. It works ok but I wish I had the proper gun.
Andy has the best way to do it. Put the foam in the seat and set it on the seat pan and mark the holes:thumbsup:

capguncowboy

Have yet to find a snap gun:doah: The one I bought is too small for the center of the snap holes. I have a snap kit which includes a shaft that looks like a nail:laugh:. You just wack it with the hammer on a hard surface. It works ok but I wish I had the proper gun.
Andy has the best way to do it. Put the foam in the seat and set it on the seat pan and mark the holes:thumbsup:
I just picked one up at Hobby Lobby for $12. Included the buttons too.