A.p.e. Dune cycle build

I didnt go all out and post everyday while doing this one but i wanted to share still. The whole frame i stripped down to bare metal along with the rims and engine and put fresh primer and paint on them. The engine is the original 5 hp that came with it from the factory i just rebuilt it. Put new throttle, all new cables, new kill switch, new belt, new seat. It has a comet clutch on it that i got with it and works great so did not need a new one, I was able to reuse the band brakes it had because they still had alot of life left in them. The tires i had already not new but in good shape. Here is a midway picture when i mocked everything up to test. The rims had not been stripped yet but you get the point.

Last edited:
GEMINI JASON : Nice looking Dunecycle just as simple as it gets. But in that simplisity it packs a ton of fun for all ages.
I remember an event that happened on a race day in the California Deseret back in 1973 we had just compleated a fun day having a Hare & Hound race. Well this young boy of about 6 or 7 was riding a Dunecycle around the pit area and he got bucked off by the Trike and the Dunecycle took off going about 15 MPH and just kept on going and going and going and it went in places down the canyons where a rider was not able to keep up.
The little trike finally just ran out of gas and had traveled about 7 miles from camp. Only a lightweight trike could of done this and it was just like yours. So watch out they sometimes have a mind of their own.
Steve :scooter:

GEMINI JASON : Nice looking Dunecycle just as simple as it gets. But in that simplisity it packs a ton of fun for all ages.
I remember an event that happened on a race day in the California Deseret back in 1973 we had just compleated a fun day having a Hare & Hound race. Well this young boy of about 6 or 7 was riding a Dunecycle around the pit area and he got bucked off by the Trike and the Dunecycle took off going about 15 MPH and just kept on going and going and going and it went in places down the canyons where a rider was not able to keep up.
The little trike finally just ran out of gas and had traveled about 7 miles from camp. Only a lightweight trike could of done this and it was just like yours. So watch out they sometimes have a mind of their own.
That would suck :doah:

Yeah when i go full throttle and get her up to top speed especialy on dirt or gravel she gets a little quirky when you go to stop but not bad, you just have to be careful having brakes on each back tire if you hit one too hard you will end up sideways. I went down town yesterday to show the guys where i buy all my parts and they have a big gravel parking lot in the back and man was that fun, i was whipping cookies and fish tailing.

I have had mine take off a couple of times before I cleaned the clutch and adjusted the throttle. They are a ton of fun, but since we moved there is no place to ride it.
If anyone knows of someone near Sioux Falls SD looking for one...Please let me know