A visit to TacoBill"s minibike mecca

After joining this website a couple of months ago I have talked to some very intresting Taco enthusiasts. All have gave me great tips and knowledge. But yesterday I got invited to to Tacobills house. I took my 65 taco 55 with me to show him and to get some tips and advice on how to restore it. As soon as I got to his house and made my way to his garage, my jaw dropped. His whole right side of his 20x20 garage were tacos minibikes in chronological order in different stages of restoration. They were all tagged with there serial# and year. You all know he is trying to get every year and every model taco bike. He had early 63 bikes, different year 22s,44s,100s, his racing t100 that he races at ventura, another 100 with a side car. awesome. To say the least he had at least 40 minbikes. The other side of his garage were boxes of parts from common to super hard to find parts.Just behind his garage is great fab shop with welders, grinders, tube benders etc. I was there for at least 3 hours picking his brain. He told me alot of cool history and stories on tacos and Mr. Steens. I am very grateful he gave the oppurtunity to get a lesson in Taco 101. I will be defiantly visiting him more when i get the chance. I cant wait till I get this 55 rolling. I know what you are going to say. THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES honestly I wasnt expecting all of it, and he had a sign that said "no cellphones or camera beyond this point" Just kidding. Im sure he has put pics up before or will add some here.

Thanks again Bill

Nice story. However: THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES
No, I'm just kidding. The people we meet and experiences gathered along the way is much better then the bikes themselves.:smile:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Sweet! where in So. Cal. are you? When I was at the races in Ventura, I asked Bill how many Taco's he had. He replied............Too many.