Alsport Trisport ? Help id VIN ?

Motor may be a sleeper....

They look rough. Just brought them home covered with years of dust.

THE MOTOR THERE LOOKS LIKE 99% A 440 BECAUSE OF THE COOLING TIN IS SQUARE,AT THE LEFT SIDE OF THE MOTOR, WHERE THE AIR BLOWS OUT. THIS WAS USED ONLY ON THE 440s. MOST LIKELY INDICATING IT IS A 440, KOHLER AND THE FACT IT IS A DUAL CARB MIKUNI VM SLIDE CARBS VERSES THE PUMPER STYLE. they may have pulled the tag off a 340 original motor. That engine there comes from a mercury snow twister snowmobile. and is rated at 55-H.P. That thing will absolutley fly, over 120mph. the 340,s put out 27 H.P. which your almost double the stock. here is my email for any further questions. trisportman@gmail.com Mike.

THE MOTOR THERE LOOKS LIKE 99% A 440 BECAUSE OF THE COOLING TIN IS SQUARE,AT THE LEFT SIDE OF THE MOTOR, WHERE THE AIR BLOWS OUT. THIS WAS USED ONLY ON THE 440s. MOST LIKELY INDICATING IT IS A 440, KOHLER AND THE FACT IT IS A DUAL CARB MIKUNI VM SLIDE CARBS VERSES THE PUMPER STYLE. they may have pulled the tag off a 340 original motor. That engine there comes from a mercury snow twister snowmobile. and is rated at 55-H.P. That thing will absolutley fly, over 120mph. the 340,s put out 27 H.P. which your almost double the stock. here is my email for any further questions. trisportman@gmail.com Mike.
Well the other one we have is a 440cc and it's a beast. This one, he has not ridden yet but it sounds downright SCARY. He's itching to drive it but I don't know where we're going to be able to really get it up to speed in the middle of the city. Should be interesting...

Hello cincygirl : Well Mike is right on about the Kohler motor and I never remember Alsport ever using The Mikuni carburetors on any of their machines. Would like to see that trike with the body off to see how the exhaust are connected as that is a very tight area. and the Torque Converter is not a standard Salisbury driver. Big concern is the brakes on any high horse power machine.
Steve :scooter:

wjustice

I have some of a dealers book that shows a clutch driver like that. It looks like a 810/815/816 salsbury. They would have used it on the phase III as the 780 was not rated to handle that kind of hp.