Aluminum Cylinder/Round Gas Tank (7 of them)

Adding another tank to the mix... i was in pain (as always) but a little more shaky than typical while welding this up to. so appearance wise, not my best... not as consistent as i would like... but i push through no matter what... looks a lot better than some of the ones ive come across and even purchased thought the years... left the welds alone and left the weld around the short neck and bung alone to help prevent cracking (if you were to smooth it out)... my newer are longer and i dont have to weld them to another piece of tubing.. as i like everything to be smoother on the necks... could prob smooth it out and be fine though... but not typically a good practice

tank #8, asking $100
3.5" OD (.125" wall) x 12.875"
(2) 1/4" NPT bungs on bottom (one on each side)
(2) 5/16"-18 blind bungs on top
Custom Billet LSC vented cap with filter

shaking all over the place, during this part.. smh

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

G...I could not do any of that with a steady hand! It looks good to me!

I like the rounded end caps. How big of diameter can you get those? My fat a$$ takes more gas than you skinny kids!

Last edited:
G...I could not do any of that with a steady hand! It looks good to me!

I like the rounded end caps. How big of diameter can you get those? My fat a$$ takes more gas than you skinny kids!
i think they go all the way up to 10 or 12" (for that same style) but i could also program some billet end caps, for whatever diameter you would want (if they dont have the size we would need)... and yours should come out "better" than that last... as i wouldnt sit and weld yours up, unless i was doing well enough to weld how i typically can on a better day... :) i just need to sit down for a couple of days and take it easy... hard to though...

the 12.875 x 3.5" tanks hold a little over half of a gallon... how much capacity would you want?

CarPlayLB

Mine is big and long! ...oops sorry, wrong forum!

I will take some measurements as I get closer to completion...the ST100 is too far back in the hole to measure!

Mine is big and long! ...oops sorry, wrong forum!

I will take some measurements as I get closer to completion...the ST100 is too far back in the hole to measure!
cool, send me a text when you get the dimensions... the pedal is a but challenging to program with the template.. but getting it... if i have to ill hand cut it with the plasma and sand it to close shape... but i am gonna work the programming a bit first

the following tanks are still available... there are a couple, i do not care to be stuck with... I would be giving these away at less cost, however, the materials are not free and I try to make these functional, so that they could potentially be used, after the seat time with them... the initial ones, as far as bead appearance, arent my best... and my best, still isnt amazing, so this will be practice for me, until and beyond me reaching my goal... if you see something you think you want, make an offer... this isnt necessarily about money... this is an attempt to let some of what i do that i dont want to keep or i do for others, go to someone else, who may want it...