Aluminum frame minibike in AZ

Zach

If you lay it down once, or hit anything your bending your frame breaking your handlebars. I'd guess it would be fast as hell though cause how lightweight it is. But it will break like plastic. And aluminum only usually bends one way before it snaps, so you wont be able to rebend it much.

With that seat and low seating position I don't think it would be used off road and the ad did say solid aluminum and there is lots of aluminum that is tough as steel if properly used the right alloy for bending and proper bracing and welding can make a very usable frame but surly not the cheapest way to build. Steve :scooter:

there are different grades of aluminiam , the aircraft grade is 6061t its a pretty tough material to work with . 5052 is a grade that is more common general all purpose , then there is a utility grade ,just guessing ,that frame is probably 5052 which would make it pretty durable:thumbsup:

Roflmfao

Aluminum mini-bikes are to weak. Aluminum is a weak metal and not steel.
HAHA ROF HAHAHAHAH LMMFAO HAHAHAHAHA ROF AGAIN HAHAHAHA:doah::doah::doah::hammer::bowdown::no::no::rolleyes::mad2::mad2::clap::clap::001_huh::freakout::freakout::freakout::laugh::laugh::lol::lol::lol:

Oldsalt

Took the attached picture at the Bonneville Salt Flat. The closest mini sports an aluminum frame. The guy is very skilled. He designed and built it for pit use. Look at the substanual forks. The detailing and workmanship on the machine was first class.

Many years ago I built a Taco sized mini that had a 202 Gilera engine. The bike was used for exibition wheelies at a local drag strip. The aluminum forks were really for looks but were adaquate for the intended use on blacktop but certainally not general use as with the mini in the picture. I sold the machine to a ridgerunner that was fully aware of the fact it was a flatland machine. He proceeded to go fast in the dirt and jump the damned thing. Forks failed and he broke his hip. I didn't even get to see it. He was pissed but without recourse because it was sold as a competition machine. Will I make another aluminum mini? Why not.