Anyone Try A Tecumseh HSK850 5 HP 2 Cycle?

I purchased a Tecumseh HSK850 5 hp 2 cycle engine from a snowblower a while back. Has anyone used one of these? I plan to install a 22mm slide carb-and a custom exhaust. Thanks for any info.

rmm727

Got a pic of this engine? I just CNC plasma cut an engine mount for a Tecumseh 2 stroke from a snowblower. Not sure if what I have is the same engine.

Hey all, I also have a Tecumseh HSK850 engine. From a John Deer single-stage snowthrower.

Engine runs great; I was gonna try to put in my El Tigre mini bike, but aside from needing to fabricate a mounting bracket, I now see it has a stepped shaft. End is 19/32" and the rest is just under 1" diameter.

Anyhow, to repeat the original post, has anybody here used an HSK* on a mini-bike?

thanks

*"Horizontal shaft Snow King"

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Can't say I've ever heard of one, is it a 2 stroke ?

:doah: Guess I should start form the OP :laugh:

How are ya going to deal with the crank an clutch ?

Last edited:
>How are ya going to deal with the crank an clutch ?

IKR! I am hoping to hear from somebody here who has done this.

I have read about sleeved adapters... but the search results seem sketchy.... I considered putting a 1in. clutch on the thicker portion but the keyway is not long enough and the larger clutches cost about what a new Predator would cost. so.... (scratches head)

And yup, my engine looks just like that pic.

You can run a gear on the engine and a clutch on the jack shaft...If you were planning on running a jack shaft. I put a Tec 2 cycle on a build last year, maybe I can find some pics...or a video.

I'm workin on a build w/that same engine .I made a motor mount so it sits upright. also I changed the throttle plate to one with a smaller hole & installed adj screw for idle,started this on my workbench & it sounds super!! I'm going to use a 1 " clutch w/a 2000 stall. she idles about 1600 or so........I'm in Monaca,not far from u! Mick

You can run a gear on the engine and a clutch on the jack shaft...If you were planning on running a jack shaft. I put a Tec 2 cycle on a build last year, maybe I can find some pics...or a video.
Anyone ever bolt a clutch right to the rear wheel? For those that don't have a jackshaft. HAHA it's so crazy it could work. I have a few axles with a key groove.