Baja 97cc engine

Hello all,

I'm selling my Baja 97cc engine. It's rated at 2.8HP but is not running right now. Everything is there: exhaust, air filter, tank, clutch, carburetor, spark plug, pull starter, and mounting bracket with bolts. The engine is not running right now and I have other projects I'm working on and just don't have time. Thanks guys

I'm located in Duarte, CA and asking $60..

PM me if your interested

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited:
he's saying that the engine is not worth anything. most people are happy to get $60 out of a brand new, never been run 2.8.

that's also why i think parting it out would be a better idea. people do need parts sometimes so you could probably make some money on it that way. :thumbsup:

used 2.8 60 bucks
NEW 6.5 89 bucks (coupon).

See what we mean? you would be lucky to get 25 bucks shipped for that. Good Luck!

he's saying that the engine is not worth anything. most people are happy to get $60 out of a brand new, never been run 2.8.

that's also why i think parting it out would be a better idea. people do need parts sometimes so you could probably make some money on it that way. :thumbsup:
strigoi,

I kind of wanted to sell as a whole. But your right parting it out may be something I'll have to consider. Thanks :thumbsup:

Considering the outrageous prices that Baja Motorsports charges for engine parts, that is still a pretty good value for someone who is in need of replacement parts for the stock (albeit crappy) DB engine.

If you can get a few parts that people will pay $10-$15 for you'd get most of your money. it's not much work to pull off the external parts and would just take a bit more effort for shipping. i'd rather ship several small things than a complete engine anyway.

the carb, tank, recoil, air filter and muffler would probably sell. i've seen people looking for them before. if the clutch works (but just looks like crap) it would probably be a pretty easy sell too.

Hello all,

I have 3 97cc Doodlebug engines I could sell if anyone is interested. 1 has only 1 hour run time enough to make sure it runs before I replaced it with a 6HP Tecumseh Power Sport. The other 2 run perfect although they are not nearly new. All 3 engines start on the first pull and are complete including the clutch. They were run empty with Stay-Bil and are great spares or good starters for someones kids who wants to limit power or speed.

I would take $75.00 for the new one and $50.00 each for the slightly used other 2. Bear in mind that these engines run as I will gaurantee they start and run before you buy.

PM me if anyone is interested. They are located in Stratford, CT. 06614

Hello all,

I have 3 97cc Doodlebug engines I could sell if anyone is interested. 1 has only 1 hour run time enough to make sure it runs before I replaced it with a 6HP Tecumseh Power Sport. The other 2 run perfect although they are not nearly new. All 3 engines start on the first pull and are complete including the clutch. They were run empty with Stay-Bil and are great spares or good starters for someones kids who wants to limit power or speed.

I would take $75.00 for the new one and $50.00 each for the slightly used other 2. Bear in mind that these engines run as I will gaurantee they start and run before you buy.

PM me if anyone is interested. They are located in Stratford, CT. 06614
wow thread hijacker!!!