"Before and After" pics

Very cool Green Streak. Love seeing more of this era Sears bikes. Seem a little more rare to see now days. I recently finished my newest and favorite bike so far a 1981 Sears Puddle Jumper (also heard it called Orange Crush). Very similar to yours except mine came with several extra frame gussets. Doesnt seem to be a whole lot of info out there on these bikes and rarely see them for sale. I like that you got the original tank. I could not find one for the life of me. Ended up having to fab something up.

Very cool Green Streak. Love seeing more of this era Sears bikes. Seem a little more rare to see now days. I recently finished my newest and favorite bike so far a 1981 Sears Puddle Jumper (also heard it called Orange Crush). Very similar to yours except mine came with several extra frame gussets. Doesnt seem to be a whole lot of info out there on these bikes and rarely see them for sale. I like that you got the original tank. I could not find one for the life of me. Ended up having to fab something up.
I also have a Sears Puddle Jumper :)
I restored it this past winter, put a Briggs OHV Animal engine on it with torque concerter and hydraulic rear shocks, new seat from Karen, front brakes etc. Then, I sold it. That was a mistake. It bothered me for a couple months that I sold it. I finally tracked down the guy that bought it and I bought it back from him! So now I have it and the Green Streak, both with Animal engines. These bikes are major fun with 10 hp on them.

Danford1

Here is a before of the Puddle Jumper. I painted it the same stock color so the after pictures don't look much different.

After Pictures

Last edited:
pretty nice ...i like the frame.. its got good suspention maybe the predator has too much power for ya! just kidding bro....what happened to the tecumsha
It isn't a Predator. It has a Briggs and Stratton Animal OHV engine.
I sold a couple Tecumseh engines. I still have a lighted HS40 on a Rupp Hustler, all original. It runs well but has less than half the power of an Animal...
I thought of selling the lighted HS40 and replacing it with an Animal but that would probably make the Rupp purists cringe.
The Sears bikes I have aren't all original type bikes. They have to many "different" parts on them. I don't think there are many Sears purists here to offend. If so, I apologize to them.

Danford1

Perfect !!!
Thanks for the outstanding info and response time :)
Of course I have more questions...
Is that solid urethane or base coat clear coat?

Danford1

Last edited:

chrisr

This use to be a dirt bike at one time, then someone turned into a modified three wheeler and then I turned into a modified two wheeler. It has a 1950s style Wisconsin engine with a 40 series clutch setup. It may look strange, but it runs good and is fun to ride.

Attachments

This use to be a dirt bike at one time, then someone turned into a modified three wheeler and then I turned into a modified two wheeler. It has a 1950s style Wisconsin engine with a 40 series clutch setup. It may look strange, but it runs good and is fun to ride.
I actually like the look of the bike, however, that spinning/exposed rope start cup is an accident/injury just waiting to happen. I would fabricate some sort of guard over it or (better) adapt a conventional recoil start for it.
Michael