Bolt on Briggs mount?

hello!

I am new to the site, this place looks like the place to be for minibikes!!

I was wonderin if anyone knew if any of the bolt on mounts from here would work with a flathead briggs on my baja blitz/db30:

Rieken's Racing: Briggs Engine Mounts - OUT2WIN.COM

OR.....does the engine mounting plate from cjtmini work for briggs motors?

I have 3 of these baja bad boys that I want to convert to flatheads, as I have a few laying around. :) The 2.8 is pretty weak sauce.

I can t weld:weld:, and have crappy tools :hammer:so i would make a mess out of drilling. Any bolt-on ideas?:confused:

vette66_00

It doesn't look like any of those mounts will work. I'm not sure if cjtmini's will work for the briggs or not. If you are using a under 3.5hp briggs it may fit. But then again Im not 100% on that. What you are looking for maybe not available and you may turn to having to drill them. If you can scan (home computer scanner) the bottom side of your engine drop it in word and print it out you should be ok with the hole alignment. Just make sure you make marks on the bottom plate (on bike when lining up the motor) where the edges of the block go so you can lay the paper out and drill though it.

Last edited:
Strigoi................did the plate I sold you work on the Tec engine and the TAV?

I'm sure the Tec engine and a Briggs are the same bolt pattern-clutch-sprocket alignment

At the mini bike show I saw a bunch of Rupp's and Lil Indians with the 6.5 clone engines bolted right up to the slots on the frames.

If the 6.5's hooked up on frames designed for briggs and Tec engines than the adapter plates I make should work for these older engines

I would be glad to sell you an adapter plate but if it dosent work out you can return it no problem

Thanks Vette/cjt!!

Cjtmini, can you pm me the details, or email me direct @ r.josh.jones@gmail DOT com?

I cant wait to get some real juice into the doodle!! :scooter:

Strigoi................did the plate I sold you work on the Tec engine and the TAV?

I'm sure the Tec engine and a Briggs are the same bolt pattern-clutch-sprocket alignment

At the mini bike show I saw a bunch of Rupp's and Lil Indians with the 6.5 clone engines bolted right up to the slots on the frames.

If the 6.5's hooked up on frames designed for briggs and Tec engines than the adapter plates I make should work for these older engines

I would be glad to sell you an adapter plate but if it dosent work out you can return it no problem
it did end up working. it was a tight fit and i had to force the motor on the plate a bit. the sprocket alignment was close so i just spaced the rear wheel over maybe 1/4" to the right and it's lined up now. i haven't had any issues with it throwing the chain.

this was with a 6hp OHV Tecumseh Power Sport engine and series 30 TAV. there's a crappy pic of it in my sig.

I just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU to ctjmini. His mount works perfect for briggs motors on the baja blitz. All I had to do was shorten the chain, and hook the bajas controls to the briggs. Now its scary fast!!

Ill be ordering another one as soon as i get the next motor built out. :hammer: