Bonanaza BC1000 gx340 powered

hey Guys, here is my bath and body works air freshener custom catch tank that cost me 8$. 4.99 for a filter and 3$ for JB weld. iM TURNING IN THE SEAT TO THE UPHOLSTERY SHOP TODAY TO GET WRAPPED WITH BLACK TWEED AND RED STICH, be back later for more pics and part II vid!

Last edited:
dude...tell me about the tank connected to the valve cover...im not sure what youve got goin on there...and i think i might want one...thanks

PM Replied MiniBurna,

minibburna said:
hey dude
this may be a stupid question
but in the pictures you just posted on your 11hp bonanza build....whats the tank connected to the valve cover do?can you tell me what i need to know

in a race car sense its a catch can that catches oil vapors and accumilates to oil. it was somethin i came up with to cover the hole on the valve cover rather than having a hose sticking out! so basically its an oil catch tank, and it vents the motor and catches the oil before it comes out the can and releases all the case pressure out the filter. its very easy to make. find a spray can prefferably a small one and drill out the top for a filter and the side for a feed line. i used 2 sockets i never use and JB weld, the filter i bought from auto zone. this can cost me 8$ if you have more questions hit me up on the board

so is it the kinda thing you're gonna have to empty every so often?
sry bout the two copies of the last message...i wasnt sure my private message sent...also...how much is the seat upholstry gonna cost you....im tryin to make one myself...but my wrench hand isnt too good witht he needle

so is it the kinda thing you're gonna have to empty every so often?
sry bout the two copies of the last message...i wasnt sure my private message sent...also...how much is the seat upholstry gonna cost you....im tryin to make one myself...but my wrench hand isnt too good witht he needle
it shouldnt have to be drained reallly, cause nothing is comming out. its more of a racey look more than anything. Lol i was bored and had time pretty much. but i guess for someone with a motor with bad rings it would serve its purpose pretty well. the upholstery shop said anywhere from 45-65 dollars for what i want and 30-40 to wrap it with some italian leather i got from a jacket at the thrift store.

i was thinking about that the other day, i guess i just need to find someone that can do this.....
Get an oxy/acetylene torch & a tape measure & a good eye.Heat them up in the bent areas just enough to be able to carefully bend them back.Of course you'll need to repaint the forks afterwards.

Get an oxy/acetylene torch & a tape measure & a good eye.Heat them up in the bent areas just enough to be able to carefully bend them back.Of course you'll need to repaint the forks after wards.

and when there halve way cooled down hit them with the hose to temper them. But let them cool down first, if you do it when there still really hot, it will make the steel brittle and hard instead of strong and tough .

You could have exact remakes of those forks made for pretty cheap, I can waterjet the two plates for around $10 each, you could go to any iron shop and have them bend you two peices of 7/8" mild steel tubing and weld them together in about 10 minutes.

Torch straightening is the other option, just be careful not to collapse the tubing when you go to bend it. Don't bother trying to temper them after heating, they weren't tempered when they were original, and heating them with a torch does nothing different than what the welds did to the steel when they were made in the first place. Quenching them with a hose will not temper them anyway. To temper mild steel it needs to be completely and evenly heated to deep cherry red (around 1100F), then oil quenched, then placed in an oven at a lower temperature around 500f to allow hardening to occur. Tempering/Hardening increases tensile strength (stretch), but reduces impact strength (Snap). There is no way to evenly heat a part that size with a torch, don't bother it won't gain you anything anyway.

Last edited:
Oh and BTW better put some weight on that front end, that thing is gonna HAUL ASSSS :thumbsup:
thanks for all the help guys!!!, im in the process of trying to find the same fork, i was told it was a cat 250x, so i got some searchin to do..i was thinking of making a 1 wheel wheelie bar nothing to big, just big enough to hold the front end down. monday i will see how it rides when my clutch comes from noram.:scooter::thumbsup:

bandit 40

Jakespec, Did you have to use high tensile strength cart chain?? :smile:That must have really good torque I was just curious ..........

Jakespec, Did you have to use high tensile strength cart chain?? :smile:That must have really good torque I was just curious ..........

i have to get an EK chain but i dont know what size to order from EK that is the same as a 35 chains, im on a azusa china chain 8$ :eek:ut: