Bonanza 1300 front springs

I need a little help or encouragement ....i am rebuilding the front fork legs and was wondering if there is a "Trick" to installing the springs onto the lower legs and associated upper piece...or is it a matter of just muscle and force?
Any help would be appreciated....i searched the site and found how to make such springs.......but not much else......Anyone here have any advice?:doah::scooter:

george3

I place the pieces in a vice with copper shims on the jaws so they dont get damaged. Twist and push add grease if needed. Do the little ends first.

I place the pieces in a vice with copper shims on the jaws so they dont get damaged. Twist and push add grease if needed. Do the little ends first.
I do what George does, if you or your man aren't strong enough, take a flat blade screw driver and place it on the spring and hit it with a hammer alternating from side to side.

no george...not yet......waiting for it to warm up so that i can use the vise.....that sprung metal is a bit difficult to work with....and i dont have the strength i use to........but i will get there.........:grind:

Update....i gathered the tools i decided would help me accomplish this bonanza 1300 spring rebuild........
i took the spring and placed it between the rubber and put it in the vise

:thumbsup:next i took the small piece and gave it a real good tap, placed the screw driver through the bolt hole and started twisting.......when it got hard to turn i simply gave it another hard tap
and there you go..........did the same for the longer end......made sure the top of the spring was about even with the top of the vise...clamped the vise down hard.......and just twisted.......