Breaking in New Predator 212cc

I brought a used Baja Dirt Bug for my Grandson for Christmas. The stock engine is so under powered that I purchased a Predator 212cc from HF an installed it. I have putted around the house at low to mid power for about an hour, and let it idle for about 1 hour. Is this enough break-in before I change the oil and adjust the chain or does it need more break-in time? Thanks in advance! (this is a awesome engine!). :scooter:

catfishman

welcome aboard, tell your grandson to be careful, the predators have some power to them. i wont even let my son ride my db that has a predator.

Hey thanks guys! Got lucky and did use mobile 1. Yes this engine is a beast. I set the carb down some. The mid range is so powerful the front end comes up with me and I weight 165. Im looking for a MB200 for myself and have ordered another predator (with coupon). I use mobile 1 in my Harley D. in all 3 holes with exellent sucess. I believe I will enjoy this site. Thanks for the welcome! Peace...

Oh is that right Dragbikemini? It is a punky 97cc. The guy I bought it from only had it (new)for 3 months when it quit running. I gave $100.00 for it, ordered a carb. $28.00, got it running great butt it would not pull diddly poot! Got Predator for $99. so I ordered another. Should be here by tues. so I need something to put it in for meself! How do I find the buy and sale board here? Thanks again...Peace :eek:ut:

A 97cc with new carb sounds good for a grandson.

This is a 79 with a PMR jack shaft. It used to crank but its a little tired now.
Hit forum button and scroll to classified.