Bug trail scout or bug parts hodaka80

I need help with this mini...... it said bug trail scout so far its got a 3 speed Hodaka 80....6" Hands magnisum wheels gas tank under the seat no jack shaft no rear shocks the seat lifts up and a serial number of 201 on the bottom of the mtr mount .....the frame is a single top tube all brazed together..... I will try to post photos see view my photos thanks for any help

Last edited:
If the pics in your gallery are the bike in question then I don't think you have an original. The Trail Scout I know of was an enhanced SuperFlea with 8' rims and teardrop tank. It had a jackshaft w/a disc brake. Bug also had a little frame cafe racer-type Flea w/ an 80cc Yamaha. Bug did a lot of prototype bikes and that maybe what you have but I don't think that Hodaka was stock on that bike because the chain exits appear to be for motorcyle use. One more thing, I've never seen a Bug use forks or handlebars like that. Like I said though Bug mini bikes changed often and had a lot of prototypes.
Fred

Thanks James this bike shares a lot of bug parts the front end is very similar to yours the springs the handle bar mounts.... Hands mag rims.... Cool tab loc sprocket overlay....The older women I got it from said her husband got it from Duffy livingston the go kart legend....someone did a lot of pro fab work and added a serial number and also a Bug trail scout sticker.....After having a few bug karts they built a great amount of stuff by hand then when it worked the had Huffy bikes in Azusa bend up the tubing then things got more even....I have a few more leads left

Well that explains a lot. I have seen may differences on their bikes and thought maybe they were year models or something. Any info you get I would sure love to see.

Fred