Build Off 2015 Classes

Which class(es) are you interested in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wont be in this time around(not like I would finish in time anyway :laugh:)but I cant wait to see what other people are building.Each year has gotten better and better so I'm looking forward to it.

vwfan79

I may enter an open class build, I have a Sears Roper I've been collecting parts to do a custom 12" spoked rim build with.

Not sure I will have time but I may cut up a MTD to make a tom thumb. I can't give that bike away:laugh: Then I may restore a Bonanza MX 1310. I need to think about it.:eek:ut:

I will be closing the poll sometime early next week, regardless of the date on it. I want to have the rules out by the 13th so everyone can get ready.

Vote now, vote early!

And I still haven't heard from the people that are voting for 4+ classes.... It is one thing to want to see a class continued, it is another to actually do that many builds. I did 3 builds last year and finished them all. Must have had too much free time...

Point being, did you want to see a class continued, or do you really have that much free time and that many projects?

And I still haven't heard from the people that are voting for 4+ classes.... It is one thing to want to see a class continued, it is another to actually do that many builds.
Yeah, one of those guys says he'll do five bikes. I'd discount the votes that look unobtainable. Get rid of the "other" class and stick it in open, or other appropriate class.

For some builds, it's hard to select which class they'll be in until rules are posted, especially in the vintage/restored class versus open class. It's apples and oranges to compare a vintage restoration, with a highly modified flathead build featuring fabrication, chrome, and powder coat for example.

And with all the talent out there, why are there not more people contributing to the trophy class? :deal:

I voted for multiple classes because those are the ones I would like to see.not even sure if i'll do a even build yet,JR wants to.

if I were running it again I think I would keep everything the same as last year except for not having the "fun" class.those could be posted on the "project" threads at any time.just gets to be a headache watching those too.

I'll be doing one in the "OPEN" category.
After two Martinis ….
My neighbor wanted it to be a V8….but, I had to limit it to a V6…

Now in the clear light of day;
Back to a single cylinder machine…. :))

Okay, I know I jumped the gun a bit. Since I can't touch my build off bikes yet, and it's too cold to paint my other projects, I've almost got this trophy done.

It's a Cat sprocket Buckeye sent me about two years ago. It's worn, so I put it to good use. Also cut an old Cat wheel axle off, welded it to the wheel and stuck in an old bearing. Extra chain that I riveted to the sprocket, and a bad experiment with left over metal flake. Bottom will feature felt padding to protect furniture, and most likely I'll get a brass plate engraved and stick it on.

Doubles as home defense weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.