Build Off 2015 Classes

Which class(es) are you interested in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am posting this poll to determine the classes for the 2015 Build Off. We had good participation last year, and I want to see more this year. As such I want everyone to participate and have a class they can join. Click on the class or classes you would enter.

This is not binding, but does play into how the Build Off will go down. Help me help you. :laugh:

Last edited:
I should have stated "assume last years rules" when deciding.

Restoration would be like it came from the factory.

Vintage being close to original, maybe a bit more leeway.

I should have made that one choice...

There will be no wheel restrictions other than Vintage/Restoration being original sizes the bike came with.

What about the "More then 2 wheels category?"Some of my favorite builds in the past have been in this class.Also I would do away with the just for fun class seeing as we don't vote on those and that's what we all do any other time of the year anyway. I do agree with separating open with drag,drag bikes deserve a category all there own IMO.:thumbsup:

T-Town Mini

That would be the "open class" :thumbsup:
Yeah, that would fit, but...

I see the Open class more along the lines of anything goes or More than two wheels and something not a mini bike.
A Restomod class might encourage more mini bike builds. ...just a thought.

A custom Doodle Bug for instance might fit in the open class but, it's not even going to compete with a fully functioning scale built Imperial Walker. :no:

I still say if we want more involvement we should have a DB/BAJA category as a lot of folks can only get or have them and might get more involved , vintage minis are hard to come by in a lot of areas and not all mini bike enthusiasts have the tools or skills to scratch build or even compete in the open class ? My 2 cents .

I will be trying a scratch build Frijole with the risk of being repetitious. Hopefully with a some modifications and a strict budget it will generate some interest..

Wouldn't DB/Baja fit into the open class....I mean,it's open,like.....open to whatever.:confused:
Do we have to sub-categorize everything now??
My thought is getting more folks involved , thats all , a lot of new mini bikers have them and might be a way to get more into the hobby we love ?

Guys, I moved this thread this morning, but for some reason couldn't get the poll to move with it. It seems to have vaporized. Totally my fault. We can delete this thread and start a new poll and add the MTTW class as well if that helps. Sorry...:censure::doah:

Status
Not open for further replies.