Building me a Ruttman

Wow, just discovered this! Outstanding work. I was taught machining on WWII surplus equipment and I have no idea how CNC works but this is fantastic to observe from afar! If my soon to begin Ruttman resto gets to half the quality of your 1/3 scale, I'll be happy. Bravo!

You have some serious skills. Unbelievable.:bowdown: I need to catch up on a few pages. I could probably make you a scaled down ruttman seat for the bike. Just thought I would mention it.:laugh:

\ I could probably make you a scaled down ruttman seat for the bike. Just thought I would mention it.:laugh:
Do you really think you could pull off a 1/3rd scale seat? If you think you can do it let me know but it has to have "the look". What would it cost to do something like that?

There is also a fellow who does all the decals for the engine. I wonder if he can scale them down to 33%. Anybody have any dealings with him?

Absolutely amazing! I'd love to have your machining talents.

Since the topic is about being scaled down, I thought I'd share a pic of the worlds smallest production (now out of production) engine. It's a COX .010 two cycle glow model airplane engine with a displacement of .00997 c.i.d. / .163cc.
It spins a 3"Dx1-1/4"P prop at 27,500 RPM and runs on a mix of Nitro methane, alcohol and castor oil. I used a quarter for size reference.

Shawn

Attachments

Last edited:

capguncowboy

There is also a fellow who does all the decals for the engine. I wonder if he can scale them down to 33%. Anybody have any dealings with him?
If you're referring to MiniBikePaul, I have dealt with him. Super nice guy and easy to get along with. I don't know how he'd feel about doing a run of smaller decals though.

It couldn't hurt to ask though