Calling All Texas Mini-Bikers

Hey DMR ... We don't need a Mediator :laugh: ... I just didn't understand what he meant :doah:... No thanks on the girls ... I don't think my wife would like that much :laugh: ... I'll be lucky to get away for the day

Yep, it'd probably be best if ya'll left your women at home ... I'm liable to ride shirtless and I can't be held accountable if your women can't keep their hands off me! :drool:

DMR

Alright guys I have been calling around to different fair-grounds and such and I need to know how many people will be attending,THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE I NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF FACILITY TO RENT!!! IF YOU ARE BRINGING OTHERS PLEASE INCLUDE THEM WHEN YOU TELL ME!! Also does anyone know of an ohv park or area where we can go, Renting a Fairground would be EXTREMELY expensive, a park would be best.

Last edited:
So if your trying to rent space, I guess were talking entry fees and such to help you recope your money, as opposed to just meeting some where for fun? I dont have a problem with that, but if we knew how much this was going to cost it might help decide how many can show up. I guess theres no way to tell until you find a spot.

DMR

So if your trying to rent space, I guess were talking entry fees and such to help you recope your money, as opposed to just meeting some where for fun? I dont have a problem with that, but if we knew how much this was going to cost it might help decide how many can show up. I guess theres no way to tell until you find a spot.
IMO the problem with just showing up somewhere is that we would just be havin some fun next thing you know the cops show up and then were in some real deep :001_9898: But if you know of a place where we could go without a major risk of trouble then that would be great, why do you know of a place?

DMR

Alright guys if one of you from the DFW area could help be an "Event Organizer" it would be greatly appreciated, I am in Houston and I'm trying to organize an event in DFW, It would be great to have someone that knows the area help organize this meet. So if one (or two) of you DFW residents could step up to the plate and contribute that would be great.:thumbsup:

DMR

Fellow MiniBikers, I am trying to single handedly put this event together for all of us. I have been having a very hard time to find a place to house this event. A dirt oval track or fairground would be expensive to rent and OHV parks and ATV trails are usually just full of mud, rocks, branches, and fallen trees. We need a nice large field or something of that sort so that we can have Flat-Track races and Drags, If it is in a rural area we could also hit the road and go for a nice group ride:scooter: IF YOU KNOW OF A PLACE LIKE THIS PLEASE TELL ME!!! October will be here before you know. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

Call DAvid Henry @ 903-815-9185. He owns North Forty Cycle Park in Sherman, TX. Flat track, MX track, and some land with gentle terrain for cruising. Oh, and I'll vote having it in Sherman.

If Henry wants to charge too much, and you don't mind having it in southern Oklahoma I'll volunteer to host-got 120 or so acres of pasture, hills, and a good fishing hole.

DMR

BIG UPDATE!!!

Thanks to Racer32's suggestion the event will be held at North 40 Mx Park in Sherman, Texas. On the 15,16, and 17 of October We have been invited to attend "Biketoberfest" which is a Vintage AHRMA event featuring a vintage bike show and vintage Flat-Track races. I spoke to David Henry and he said that if we all wanted to attend he could put us in the flyer and even have 2 featured races, There is a 1/4 mile Flat-Track and we could have drags on the straight of the track, also on the inside of the Flat-Track there is a "TT" track with no jumps, just turns, which would be great for a minibike race. David and I both agreed that this event would be great exposure for Vintage MiniBikes (Over 1,000 Spectators) And that many of the AHRMA racers have vintage MiniBikes. Look at the website and tell me what you think.:thumbsup: