carb size

is a 19mm promax carb too big or not big enough for a (modified)hf212 and no one replied when i asked if buying a ported head with bigger valves is better than buying big valves and installing them and doing my own port work (hemi engine)

Its too small 22 mm is the right size for your motor. For the head it depends on your porting skill and how much you want to spend. Most likely a head with the oversized valves and porting done professionally will be better.

CarPlayLB

Run it! You'll be fine! ...unless of course you are wanting to run wide open at 8000RPM, then maybe it is not right. What is the application? Minibike? Kart?

he he i did order the 22 when i made this post all i could find is a 19 or a 30 as for the head work i am quite confident in my porting skills and i can mill it on a bridgport im sure the valves are cheap enough i wonder if the thing has seats that need to be changed and im not exactly sure how much to shave off the head i really appreciate that you replied to my question :)

What mods have you done to the motor? What is your target build? Matching the parts that go in is key to performance I see a lot of motors built with the thought in mind that the bigger the better
The number one thing #1
VELOCITY
Don't over port the head just clean up cast slag on the Port floor and SSR most of the work will need to focus in the bowl and around the guide you can however mill more than .010" off the head I have mine milled .065"

Sent from my iPhone using Mores code