chatten63's tossed tetanus just for fun build

Welded up the axle mounts to the frame today. Also made a hub mount for a #35 sprocket with peerless bolt patern for a rear disc brake. Ordered a hydraulic setup hoping it will work otherwise the Kelsey Hayes 400 will be going on as planned. Mounting up rear tire tomorrow and set front fork in place to see how much I have to shorten them up to keep bike level. Hoping for 3 -3 1/2"s off the ground.

I got the tear tire mounted today and rearched the rear fender for it. I cut a slot about every inch along the sides and went up to the top curve of fender with cut. Then I ratchet strapped it to the tire to form to the arch of the tire then welded both ends of the cuts. Then removed it from the tire and finished welding it off the tire. Then ground the welds down. Not sure if I want to finish the fenders out and paint them flat black or gloss black to match the gas tank. What should I do. Set motor in place and might get lucky with alignment of chain. More to come tomorrow.

I got a little more done this weekend. Mounted and made mounts for the hydraulic disc brake. Yes Tom I bought this piece of the build it wasn't sitting on the shelf :laugh:

Finally got the foot brake lever figured out ,now for the next time it will be easier and no trial and error. Made use of the an old 3 1/2 hp piston too.this BIKE should stop pretty good with this daulhydralic piston caliper. Next will be the chain tensioner and kickstand. Then finish potioning rear fender.

Well another descent days worth done. Today I got the kickstand welded on from an old bicycle,welded on the mount for the chain tensioner waiting for the bearings to come so I can finish making the plastic roller for it and did a quick mock up of the bike. Need to get rear fender mounted on and lower the front fender by cutting off the bracket and move it down about an inch an a half. It might be almost mobile by the weekend.