Clayon's Moto Skeeter Resto-Mod

Thanks Craig. :thumbsup:

Here's some updated pictures, the bike itself is done except for the angled motor mount I have to make, and the motor is ready to roll, I just wound the recoil tonight. Next week is Grad, so I probably won't get much done, so it will be right down to the wire. :eek:

The tank is still hiding in one of my parts stashes, I will hopefully get it all sealed and painted this weekend. :thumbsup:

Thanks Tank. :thumbsup:

Well...the 'Skeeter isn't gonna make the deadline Friday. The key for the jack shaft isn't fitting, and the sprocket collars sit on the shaft sloppy. I didn't look at things close enough when buying them. Kinda feel like a dumb ass. :laugh: DB30 will be done though.

Thanks Tank. :thumbsup:

Well...the 'Skeeter isn't gonna make the deadline Friday. The key for the jack shaft isn't fitting, and the sprocket collars sit on the shaft sloppy. I didn't look at things close enough when buying them. Kinda feel like a dumb ass. :laugh: DB30 will be done though.
I would rather have the bike done right instead of worring about the dead line. It looks great:thumbsup:

Thanks Jeep and Karen. :thumbsup: I really do wanna do this one right so it will be a good solid rider and still look good. It will likely be done the week after the deadline since everything else is done except the jackshaft. At least I will get one bike done for the build off. :shrug:

So when do you think we'll see pictures of this brand new looking moto Skeeter? I've been following this since the original tread and it was supposed to be ready for last year's fair. I realize quality takes time but it seems other mini bikes took precedence. I know what it's like to be stalled out on a unobtainable part. But What seems to be the issues now?

I'm very curious because I'm looking to restore a moto skeeter myself in the future, If and when I can get my hands on one Reasonably. The last pictures with the engine out looks showroom. I would ask to see a video of it when you are all done But the thing I wanted to see the most was that two stroke 550 engine. My brother and I had a 550 with dual rear shocks.

P.S. I need more posts so I can p.m. The fellow that just picked up A moto skeeter 650 at an auction

Francis

Hi Francis, the 'skeeter is a rider at the moment. Due to the fact that I couldn't get piston rings the BSE 5.5hp 2-stroke never got rebuilt. At the time I couldn't get rings, but now I can make my own, so I am hoping to find another 550 'skeeter (I know of one close to me) that I can restore to original condition. This one got a hopped up Honda clone. All that is left to do on it is mount the chain and clutch guards, and get the seat finished. It hasn't progressed because snow is falling and I have a 1974 Rolloflex and a 1974 Skiroule snowmobile that need some work so I can ride them this winter. I'd post a video but it is just another clone with a cam and no governor.

View attachment 58087
View attachment 58088
View attachment 58089

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk