Clone Cam Dilemma

new to the site and would appreciate any advice i can get. Having trouble choosing a new cam. Engine is powering a modified baja heat. Not track ridden or raced, just an around town and country bike. looking for higher rpm without killing the low end. dont need a torque monster just descent acceleration. here is what the rest of the engin will be:
stock clone block, stock crank, arc rod, dished piston, 26lb springs, 1:1 rockers either on a 14cc stock, or 18cc milled + big valves, re-jetted stock carb pump fed w/ spacer, header, k&n style filter, and a rev s2 finned flywheel. Again i am tearring my hair out on this one and any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Hi brett066,
I have a cam with .275" lift and 230 degrees of duration @ .050" which would give you more top end and midrange and yet still retain good bottom end. I could put together a custom package deal to suit your needs.
Tim

ok so completely revised my combo: $250 isky package which is the mamba, 26lb springs, arc rod& flywheel, and flat top piston. Tims hd rockers, chromolly pushrods, hopefully a 14cc head(on the market if anyone has a used one to unload for cheap:biggrin:, or mildly ported and milled 18cc. How bad will a re-jetted stock carb be hurting me here? If more than just a little bit, i am also on the market for a mikuni or maybe gx390?? again, thanks in advance for helpin a noob out!!!!
Don't know if he pulled the trigger yet...

no, havent pulled the trigger yet. like i said earlier, working on a budget. Like a piece at a time budget. The reason i like the package deal was because it actually is such a good deal. the only problem is now i have to come up with it all at once instead of one piece at a time. In response to tim, thanks man. its cool that you take the time to respond and take intrest in our builds on here! Would a package like that be in the same price range as the mamba kit? Again, not a racing application, just around town and back roads, but i would like it to really get up and go when i want it to. Thanks again for any input guys!

OK, carb restriction no longer a problem. I ordered a 26mm mikuni yesterday, and instead of springing for the 14cc head im gonna have my local machine shop mill down my 18 and cut it for larger intake vave to better compliment the carb. Any recomendations on how much material to take off so my valves don't contact? Will be running a flat top piston. .040, .060???

OK, carb restriction no longer a problem. I ordered a 26mm mikuni yesterday, and instead of springing for the 14cc head im gonna have my local machine shop mill down my 18 and cut it for larger intake vave to better compliment the carb. Any recomendations on how much material to take off so my valves don't contact? Will be running a flat top piston. .040, .060???
I wouldn't go over .050.
The carb might need setting up. Once its jetted correctly you'll love it.