Craftsman Air Compressor for xmas

So I got a Craftsman 7 Gallon 135 PSI horizontal tank for xmas yesterday and I'm trying to determine what I can do with it so I can buy attachments. I'm thinking it'll be good for painting but would this size actually be good for air rachets and sand blasting?

Thanks

i have a Campbell compressor with a 13 gal tank and 1.7 hp and it's ok for air ratchets and even my impact gun but you have to stop occasionally to let air build up, as for the sandblaster - i have a HF tabletop model that front load and it's not powerful enough it will work but i will gain a year waiting. a larger air compressor is on my want list.

With air tools it's all about volume. To use air tools like an air ratchet or impact you would need way more than 7 gal of volume. You could run a nail gun probably, since that is short bursts or paint like you said.

I went to HF to get a paint spray gun and they all had 7 gal as working "intermittent " with them. I find it hard to believe this compressor wouldnt even be good as a paint spayer

Most paint guns that I use take less than 40psi..so why would your compressor not work ? Do you have a pressure regulator ?

Your compressor is large enough to paint mini bikes and motorcycles, and other small projects. It is not large enough to paint cars. Caveat: Use an HVLP gun with a 1.3 to 1.6 tip.

I use an inexpensive DeVilbiss Starting Line detail gun for mini bikes, with a 4.5 gallon compressor. I also have a Husky that came in an airtool set, and worked surprisingly well. Your compressor will run air ratchets, again considering small projects like mini bikes and motorcycles. It will not run a die grinder.

Bigger (more air reserve) is always better, but what you have is fine for the purposes above. (though you will be cycling it on often during a paint job)

Never ask the counter guy about something you can find out from some jackass on the internet who is actually doing the stuff. :wink: