Cylinder/Round Gas tanks...

thanks...

got a little more practice in yesterday, hadnt done much for last couple of days...

working on third tank and cleaning up first a little...

on this one i used a cast aluminum tank of some sort... 3.5" and had a dome on one end, that i cut off and used it on another shorter cast piece to make a catch can... i liked the radius on the cast tanks and i wanted to try to weld up cast, because i know it is more difficult that clean aluminum... I am not concerned with making a perfect looking bead... just getting better at controlling the puddle and heat...

will smooth out the weld on the side i added

revisited first tank a little

still messing with settings, turn the balance down and the fq up (to narrow the arc down and it did that.. needed to add a little more cleaning action, but i am learning how to make the puddle go where i want and do what i want it to do...

more practice with tig welder and more progress on one of the tanks... sanding done on it all the way up to 2000 wet... and hand sanding it... after one pass looks decent.... will finish tomorrow

i decided to take the time to sit down and practice beads... after only a few minutes, I honestly became more comfortable with the welder and understand the good in doing so... the welds are not in any order... as i had to jump around the 1/8" sheet due to heat... but i became more comfortable with each bead... and each bead looked better and better... used different wire thicknesses and played with settings learned a lot and will sit down and practice from time to time, to get better

LS the tank turned out nice, I watched the video and would suggest finding something to rest your right hand on, you will be able to concentrate more on the puddle and feeding the filler rod if you are comfortable.
Rule number 1 when welding is be comfortable.
Scott

LS the tank turned out nice, I watched the video and would suggest finding something to rest your right hand on, you will be able to concentrate more on the puddle and feeding the filler rod if you are comfortable.
Rule number 1 when welding is be comfortable.
Scott
thanks... i do know and understand getting into a comfortable position in everything i do.. in the vid was my actually first time using it or tig welding at all and i did it more as a thank you to those involved in getting it for me... didnt really take the time to try to set up properly etc.... and since the vid, I am much better with this process