Cylinder/Round Gas tanks...

Very nice custom work as always G !!!!
thanks

worked on another yesterday... i like to leave a slight gap around all parts welded if possible... all 1/8" thick 6061... and the gap with help penetration without as much heat or effort... i also tried decided to try out 4943 filler rod... as this one will be polished too... i want to anodize a couple (maybe) to see how they look (so typically 5356 rod is used when coating afterward)...

this one will have two 5/16"-18 mounting bungs on top (like the other) and a 1/4" npt on bottom also.. but center fill and slightly shorter... at approx 10" (ended up 9.875"), the other is approx 12" long.... both 3.5" in diameter

while making these, i am mindful of the fact that i may be stuck with them, so i make them where they would fit right into a project or two that i have sitting, or one i may do in future... but my main purpose for this, is to actually let my practice benefit others (in the value they would get for the price) and help to offset the cost of materials, etc....

after welding it up a little...

can make a simple/clean bracket to mount a couple of different ways... or can be mount up near the neck or seat also... but this one i made shorter, to fit well into the rear of a project also...

although, i designed the end caps with the intention of blending them in to appear one piece... i may leave the welds alone also... it is a better way to ensure no cracking... which is a potential when sanding out aluminum welds... using 4943 may also help with this, if i do blend them in like i did on the first tank...

Thanks for the arc burn G!! :laugh: Those tanks with the end caps are above/beyond and unlike anything else I've seen in the mini bike field!! The fuel caps are a very nice design with your logo tastefully done!! :thumbsup:

4943 welds a bit different and the appearance of the weld is different also... but just switching back and forth and trying it out... time will help determine what i go with... i may leave the welds alone on this one though, so wish i woulda used 5356... or 4043, as the welds seem to appear a little shinier etc, with the other rod... but we will see how the tanks polish out...

got another one welded up... a friend loves this team... im hoping maybe he will take the entire project with it.. lol.. so i put it on the bike... but i will make another tank for the bike, if he passes.. he may get the second engine the bike has... raptor.. so put the tank on the bike to encourage him to take it all..