damn who closed the 1947 doodlebug thread

Two banned. Anyone else? :shrug:

It's kind of BS that guys who've been here long enough can't figure out when enough is enough and to move on.

Two banned. Anyone else? :shrug:

It's kind of BS that guys who've been here long enough can't figure out when enough is enough and to move on.

So I'm confused.... were you or where you not enjoying the thread on page 3 before it got out of had or was that sarcasim:shrug:

Neck

Growing up is optional
It's just too easy to type smack talk on a keyboard, and then emotions and testosterone kick in. What we need is an online boxing ring, because I don't think these key lashings would go on face to face. It does make for some interesting reading though!:thumbsup:

Oldsalt

Neck
You are right there is no reason to use derogatory terms on this site even if, as you point out, it makes for interesting reading. I'm gonna lay low for a while until the dust settles. So what do we talk about that is safe and no one will get upset??? How about the best oil to use...naw, that was too hot of a subject as I recall. I know! Lets talk about which is better, a Briggs or a Clone. On second thought that might not be a good subject considering the past. Hey, how about a discussion on the new line of Tacos that are/were going to be built? Damn! I just now recall that there was some difficulty that arose last time that was in a thread. Well, how about the weather? There should not be a problem with that subject.

Here we go with a safe post:
Boy it was nice here today! Perfect spring weather. Rode my pristine 100% restored 67 Triumph all over hell and sneered at Hondas and etc. Wish all you guys that are not too bright, and live where the weather is dismal, could be here. How am I doing Neck?

Last edited:
Here we go with a safe post:
Boy it was nice here today! Perfect spring weather. Rode my pristine 100% restored 67 Triumph all over hell and sneered at Hondas and etc. Wish all you guys that are not too bright, and live where the weather is dismal, could be here. How am I doing Neck?
Friggin downpour here yesterday afternoon with thunderclaps while I'm up on a :censure: aluminum extension ladder cleaning out my :censure: gutters !!!

Now yoooz :censure: creeps dat live in Disney Land owe me an apology for not sharing your nice :censure: weather or I'm gonna start typin' "smack" .......whatever that is :shrug:

:eek:hmy: ooops...hope Hent doesn't have Wi-Fi over there at the Yogi Bear campgrounds.....:hammer:

Last edited:

Neck

Growing up is optional
You know Salty...group rides are what seem to generate the most enthusiasm, and the good natured smack talk that is generated is great to follow, like L.A. Drag spot, almost 5500 posts and closing in on 97,000 reads, and do you read what those guys are posting?! And it's even better in person on Ana street. Mini Bike Fun Day at Paul's was great, and we actually had something to talk about for a couple of weeks....Did you see Edwin nail that squirrel running across the road? Did you see Dom save it when the back wheel came off Edwin's bike? Wasn't D.J.'s Drag bike Baddass? Stuff like that.

But that's the problem, we don't have a Sand Lot like the Drag Spot to go an just ride together, you know with a few banked turns and a couple of jumps, but from what I understand James C. is working on it!

I don't have an answer for what we could talk about that wouldn't cause emotions to kick in and shit to fly, as far as the 47 Doodle Bug thread is concerned the kid was a little confused with his story, and needed "guidance" but it just got out of hand (don't we know it?!) and that kind of thing will happen again in the future I'm sure! It could have gone better.

I've been here 5 years now and, find it addicting, and I have to say I spend way too much time reading and not enough time working in my garage, but I've met a lot of good people, made some good friends and learned a lot of thing about these Mini Bikes, and hope to do more of the same in the time that comes.
Your turn Lon.

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Like Hent said...We should know when enough is enough and just move on. But I gotta say when someone is a glutton for punishment and keeps coming back for more, as was our 47 Hiawatha friend, it's sometimes hard to do. But I believe I'll make a better effort to keep in mind what Hent [and 125cc above] said.

One thing that keeps getting lost in the shuffle is that there are a LOT of young children that tune into this site.

Oldsalt;349459 One thing that keeps getting lost in the shuffle is that there are a LOT of young children that tune into this site.[/QUOTE said:
+1
A lot of young kids and parents come here for help to fix their mini bikes. I'm surprised that a *mini bike* site of all things seems to allow the language, pics, conduct and flaming here :confused:.

There are a few here that continually conduct themselves with a real attitude especially towards newer members (because they get away with it). These same individuals set the stage for the events that will surely follow their conduct.

The flames get stomped out well after the fire begins rather than dealing with the guy who lit the match right off the bat. We see it play out over and over.