DAVID WULF'S - Scratch Build - (Anything Goes)

Today I got my handle bars , they are a T shape drag bar that are 6 inches tall . With the risers I have iam not feeling the height is what I want . Gonna need taller risers or something to build up the ones I have . I want the bars at about 10 inches from the trees .

Well when I get consistent with it I'll let you know . Lol with me the whole tig trick seems to be feeding the rod and not letting the tungsten get to far away from the work . I got the tungsten part but the rod feeding is the real trick .
Yep. Reading the puddle is hard to do while using both hands/foot. Lots going on. Mig is much easy, hot glue gun of welding lol.

David I like the bars ! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Can we get a side shot of the whole bike ? :smile:
This is what I'm thinking!! Would like to see a side shot also!! I like them a lot but as we get older bent over is not comfortable!! Might just need a happy medium between cool and comfortable!! Either way you design is looking sick David!! And that's a good thing!! :thumbsup:

I think they look great. As far as comfort, what do you think, maybe some back and shoulder fatigue after the first 75 miles? :wink: I had some Tee bars that bolted right into the trees, no risers. (Harley) Very clean look with those, but probably too short, if these are. Bike coming along nice David.

I think they look great. As far as comfort, what do you think, maybe some back and shoulder fatigue after the first 75 miles? :wink: I had some Tee bars that bolted right into the trees, no risers. (Harley) Very clean look with those, but probably too short, if these are. Bike coming along nice David.
Dave thanks for the compliment . Well yesterday I went round and round with these bars . Just bolted on their to short and to far forward , you have to lean into them . Then I thought about building up the mounting base which would bring them up and back but look like shit .
So now the bars are for sale and I've done what I should have in the first place .

Yesterday i sorta put the wheels on , no tubes and one bolt in each rim . I cut the fork section out and stuck a 5/8 Jack shaft though the wheel and two bolts in the back .
I also got the engine mount tubes welded in , but still have to do the longer ones . With this mount setup I have 5 inches of adjustment front to rear and almost 4 inches sideways . With the Jack shaft and the narrow width I can stick about any drive system on here I want . A TAV plate system with go on and work with the Jack shaft . Or I can run a driven on the Jack shaft and run it outboard and not use the plate type . Or just a chain drive .

I have also stole the seat off the super Powell . It's exactly what I want , a thin seat with a raise in the tail . It's also the exact size I need , and I haven't ordered one from the seat maker and might not get it in time .
I have also decided to go with a flatty on this bike , either the HS 50 or a mild Briggs I have built . I think the flatty tilted forward just looks bad ass . And I'am getting vintage in my old age , love the flatty's .

Last edited:
Ok so yesterday after much thought the chrome drag bars and risers are scraped . Just like what had to be done to make them comfortable . What I've done is what should have been done when I built the forks . Just run the tubes up and put a straight bar on top , this is perfect it puts them at a perfect position , you reach out and their there . They are 12 inches high just a inch higher than stock nanza's .

Oh and for those doubters the forks are 1inch .120 wall as is the single down tube connecting the neck to the lower frame . The rest of the frame is 1 inch .083 wall . With the bars I could have just welded the bars to the 3/16 plate on the trees and it would have been more than good . I had already run the hole saw up from under to give myself a grove to set the fork tubes in , so I had a center hole as a guide . So I ran the hole saw from the top cut though the plate the the top of the fork tube and had a 3/16 hole to set my handle bar tube in . I then used a Piece of 3/4 .065 wall tube as a sleeve to line the tubes up .

Well today I got the bars welded up and also made the jack shaft mounts . They will get an 1 3/8 bearing but for now there's a 1" hole though them to insert a 1" tube though to help with alignment during installation . I also got the tabs on the rear wheel section to run an I bolt though to hold and adjust the rear wheel . I got the rest of the motor mount welded up and put two tube gusetts on the front down tube .
The frame is pretty much done with the exception of the rear brake peddle and a bracket to hold the drum brake to the frame , and whatever else I forgot .