DB 30 with a 6.5 clone and a comet torque converter

Hi out there,

Anyone out there put a clone with a comet torque converter on it. If so how do you like it? I have heard torque converters make it nice and smooth and more lower end torque (which is always good.) A side question, anyone know what diameter the handle bars are. I need to order a new twist grip throttle.

Thanks,

I've got a 7 hp with a TAV20 on it, it'll pull the front wheel every time if you're not carefull. BTW I'm 350#+ and sit as far forward as I can.

I thought the tav was only for the Briggs, I can not find one for a clone:eek:ut: Any help findig out some info would be great, BTW great site.:thumbsup:

I modified my TAV to fit tighter to the engine/cylinder

I slotted the mount holes
ground off some of the ribs off the backside of the TAV plate

some mods are required to fit in the frame (fender mount, chain roller bracket)

check out the pics I hope they help you out

Hi out there,

Anyone out there put a clone with a comet torque converter on it. If so how do you like it? I have heard torque converters make it nice and smooth and more lower end torque (which is always good.) A side question, anyone know what diameter the handle bars are. I need to order a new twist grip throttle.

Thanks,
if u thinking about it (tav) lot of fun for cruising.

Motra

I thought the tav was only for the Briggs, I can not find one for a clone:eek:ut: Any help findig out some info would be great, BTW great site.:thumbsup:
They're not made for any specific engines, they're universal. They offer kits for 3/4" or 1" cranks and #35 or #40 chain size.

Thanks for the great information. I am going to HF tomorrow and getting a clone. I have an order in for the torque converter and other needed items.

Thanks,

hey shortbus just wanted to say i was also going to go with the torque converter as well. I just purchased a hm80 for my china doodle bug and wanted to say keep in touch when you get yours done like to know how it does? I currently have a 6hp tecumseh flat head on my doodle bug and it goes pretty well with my 200lb ass. I have to get rolling on my new setup soon hopefully the girl friend kicked my ass out so i have to pack up and go elsewhere hope to here from you soon