Deal gone bad... long post.

I mean how i see it (taking no sides) Is if i order something from lets say Jeggs and i get it and its the wrong item or im returning it they cover the postage due to the mistake ive kinda always followed that code. If its my mistake i cover my rear and do what i can to help im sorry you both had a bad transaction and i hopefully its resolved and lessons were learned

i really dont see a bad transaction here or a reason for this thread to be honest with you !! karl thought he bought a raptor , got a repaired i/c block , you refunded money and now you pay for shipping if you want it back ??? where is the bad transaction part ..

buckeye

This is why I freak out over internet sales transactions.
I just know something isn't in the pics. Or I described it wrong out of my ignorance.
I feel for both parties.
And certainly don't think there was anything malicious.

ryanbug,
What is your future credibility and integrity worth on this forum? Do the RIGHT thing and pay for (ALL OF) the shipping. I believe that the younger generation calls it "Maning up"? Quite candidly, I am surprised you even questioned paying for it. Lesson learned....
Michael

When you make a mistake,you should be responsible for it.Refunding the money because of that mistake was the right thing to do.Asking him to pay anything to ship something he did not ask for,no.Not trying to be a butt,if you want that engine back,should be on your dime.

When you sale something on the internet,the only thing the buyer has to go on is trust and an accurate description.You were wrong,so you should have to eat it.Consider it a lesson about being accurate on description.

The situation has been picked apart, cut and chopped, diced, sliced, speculated and opinionated...........
Now it's in the past, history, in the books, Done....So now it's time to move on............ Back to minibikes...:scooter:

The situation has been picked apart, cut and chopped, diced, sliced, speculated and opinionated...........
Now it's in the past, history, in the books, Done....So now it's time to move on............ Back to minibikes...:scooter:
The OP DID request: "I would appreciate ANY AND ALL constructive feedback on this issue." (Emphasis added to stress point)
Michael

The OP DID request: "I would appreciate ANY AND ALL constructive feedback on this issue." (Emphasis added to stress point)
Michael
And he got plenty of feedback...But at what point does it all get put to bed and everyone gets back to enjoying this hobby...........
Just Sayin........................

Tim and Danny hit the nail on the had. It's done. You were honest and put it out there. Karl got refunded. I doubt that a repaired block is worth shipping back. Lessons learned.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

What's up with this? A few guys post their two cent's-worth, then tell the rest of us that the matter is closed? WTF? How about allowing the rest of the 13,000 plus members a say before you assume your bit of moral-compass mastery is "good enough" hmmmkay?

Later on, I am sure I will need to make a decision on something. I'd hate to think I would be limited to only four pages of possible solutions on a frikking mini bike forum.

Wowser....you are lucky he was so nice. If you sent me that motor and not mentioned a gaping hole in it that was patched...I would drive to Oregon and toss it through your front window and then stomp a mud hole in ya if you dared come outside. Just sayin....
Lmao....that was almost believable...till the part about you throwing it through his window.. Can your limp wrist even lift a Briggs motor ??
Jus sayin bwhahaha

I'm thinking some decent pictures (like a lot or all angles) would go a long way to describing the condition of this motor in this transaction!
Not thinking Ryan tried to lie because it surely would be noticed by the buyer pretty fast.

But as a seller you gotta be up front and learn about what you're offering. Ignorance is no excuse, learn the hobby or be destined for other issues to come back to bite you.

Sellers responsibility to pay for return on mis-described item, 100% fact, especially when it a 50$ ship charge.

i have to say i could be called ignorant as i too am learning this hobby......i try to take as many pics as possible and describe the item i am trying to sell to the best of my ability......i am also the kind of person who sees that ryan has admitted his mistake and admits to learning a lesson...i for one will not impune wrong motives to him......i think it was an honest mistake....for the most part you guys are a good bunch and would hope i never do anything to piss you off...this post hurts me to read.......i can understand the frustration involved but he did readily refund the money....i gotta say thats a total admission of his error.......just saying......

What's up with this? A few guys post their two cent's-worth, then tell the rest of us that the matter is closed? WTF? How about allowing the rest of the 13,000 plus members a say before you assume your bit of moral-compass mastery is "good enough" hmmmkay?

Later on, I am sure I will need to make a decision on something. I'd hate to think I would be limited to only four pages of possible solutions on a frikking mini bike forum.
How much more proof do you need to make a decision? Ryan admitted in his first post he screwed up, then he screwed up again by askin Karl to split the return shipping. Karl either keeps the motor or Ryan pays for Karl to drain & dispose of whatever is in the motor, pact it, gas and mileage to ups store, plus Karls labor, plus full shipping. That is if Ryan has any integrity. And I don't know either one of these dudes.

How much more proof do you need to make a decision? Ryan admitted in his first post he screwed up, then he screwed up again by askin Karl to split the return shipping. Karl either keeps the motor or Ryan pays for Karl to drain & dispose of whatever is in the motor, pact it, gas and mileage to ups store, plus Karls labor, plus full shipping. That is if Ryan has any integrity. And I don't know either one of these dudes.
Did you really mean to quote my post, or are you actually that far away from seeing a facetious comment on High School Level BS once again on this forum? Good God. The only one who screwed up is the guy who started this thread in the first place. IE, if "I" need to gauge my moral compass, the last place I'd go is a mini bike forum.

Engine now rests in the hands of my neiborhood junk man. Ryan told me to just keep it. I didn't want it so now everyone's happy. Problem solved.
I am not mad at Ryan. Hope he's not mad at me. Shit happens and it was resolved.