DIY....re-jetting a 6.5

I left my idle jet alone on my 212cc predator. I did swap main jet and emulsion tube with a 0.37" main jet and a 140 emulsion tube. I put on a header and a KnN filter first. It sounds good and yes shoots a small blue flame. I left on the gov., because I can not find a billet flt wheel for it. Anyone know if they are out there? Do I need a different spark plug, what size? Thanks and let's make noise:smile:

I left my idle jet alone on my 212cc predator. I did swap main jet and emulsion tube with a 0.37" main jet and a 140 emulsion tube. I put on a header and a KnN filter first. It sounds good and yes shoots a small blue flame. I left on the gov., because I can not find a billet flt wheel for it. Anyone know if they are out there? Do I need a different spark plug, what size? Thanks and let's make noise:smile:
I haven't rejetted my idle screw either, but I have a 90 jet and the stock emulsion tube... will changing the emulsion tube and rejetting idle screw increase performance?

Here is what I did to my 212 pred......

Mild engine mods.....

Changed to a adjustable idle needle gx200 carb (clone carb Huayi) then....

1. 140 emulsion tube
2. changed main jet to larger size (9MM .036")
3. homemade exhaust/header
4. autolite racing AR3910X spark plug
5. oil catch can on breather
6. Air filter (K and N knockoff )
7.drilled out idle jet (black plastic one with brass insert) took it to 18-20 thou
8. took resistor out of spark plug boot on engine (screwdriver up inside where plug goes),,,,yes its in there ...looks like a fuse....stretch spring and re-assemble

So far sooo good...........pulls hard as hell.........idles well and is punchy

I used the Honda header but had to drill bolt holes so it would fit on Predator studs. The idle seems to work fine so I am leaving it alone. I got the stuff I listed above ,but my spark plug should be in soon. I left the govenor on for safety, I have a torque convertor, 60T and 10T sprockets with 16" rear tires. Puts it close to 30mph, but seems to get up to speed quick. AND LOUD !!! I want that Kart set up for torque and 30 mph is plenty fast for my kids. I got 3 Karts and will set each up different. I have a track in my backyard at 1,015 feet. Some turns and a few good straights. Be safe and make noise :laugh:

my idle screw has no brass or anything on it, it is just a solid black screw! anyone else have the same thing?
That's common on the newer stuff, seems like Big Brother don't want you adjusting the carb, you might single handedly destroy the Ozone. :laugh: Check to see if it is just a cover over the idle screw.

Question, if your running a greyhound clone with stock exhaust and airbox, and governor removed(basicly only mod as of now)is there any need or benifit to going bigger on the main jet? The engine does seem to be running lean no doubt...if so, how big should I drill the stock main?

rmm727

my idle screw has no brass or anything on it, it is just a solid black screw! anyone else have the same thing?
The idle speed screw is all plastic. There is often a cover on it that pops off exposing the phillips head. The idle jet is plastic with a brass insert. It is below the idle screw (which you have to unscrew to gain access to and remove).

the idle JET is under the idle speed screw.....pull out the idle speed screw (all plastic) and lift up/out the idle jet in its plastic holder ......:eek:ut:

the idle MIX screw/needle is on the carbs left where it meets the engine ...often capped/plugged or broke off.......thats why I bought a different (adjustable) clone carb off ebay $15.00.

My idle MIX screw/needle is old school..spring and needle.....and tweekable.. 8o)

rmm727

the idle MIX screw/needle is on the carbs left where it meets the engine ...often capped/plugged or broke off.......thats why I bought a different (adjustable) clone carb off ebay $15.00.
Those are a pain to get out. You have to tear apart the whole carb. slot the end of the screw with a Dremel. Apply heat around that area then remove. Your right, its much easier to buy one that's already adjustable or spend a little more and buy a blueprinted one.

I drilled my idle jet, bad idea, now I need a new idle jet, runs way too rich, it will actually start cold now without choking it...its so rich, when its warmed up it just stalls unless you keep the throttle cracked on it. So I wouldnt recommend doing this mod on a stock engine, maybe it would run ok with a K&N on it but if your just running stock air filter and stock exhaust with governor removed, dont do it on a blue greyhound. Lucky I had another engine laying around and robbed that jet for now just so I can get it running good again.

I also made the mistake of drilling out my Idle jet, and now have an engine that is way to rich at idle.
The idle jet from the stock DB 2.8 will fit but is smaller than stock , so I may have to drill it out larger but not as much as I did on the first one.
I should have drilled the main jet and then test run the engine before I drilled out the slow speed/ idle jet.
Oh well live and learn.
Rob

Just did this and it works amazing! I was running to lean when I installed my air filter and would stall out at idle. I found a drill bit kit at harbor freight for $3.99 that has a small enough bit for me to use. Thanks for an easy DIY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just did this and it works amazing! I was running to lean when I installed my air filter and would stall out at idle. I found a drill bit kit at harbor freight for $3.99 that has a small enough bit for me to use. Thanks for an easy DIY

Did it stall when u gave it gas??

May be a DUMB QUESTION but,
I forgot to ask, when u put the jet back in, how far do u screw it back in? Until it stops or back it out a lil??

Thx

Last edited: