DIY....re-jetting a 6.5

Big Jim

Great information and tutorial - Thanks
Question: Do you have to rejet if you install a header and use the stock air filter?
I didn't have to on my Manco Big Cat. Eventually, I did the complete deal header, high-flow air filter. Very happy with the results.

Their at HF made by Drill Master. 30 Pc. set sizes 0.5 mm to 3.0 mm for $3.99, ask for item #94606. They also carry a pin vise set but couldn't find the item number. If you have a Hobby Store near you they should carry them too.

do you need drill bits ? becuase i just want to do a # 90 jet becuase i want to run straight pipe. can someone please help or is there a way that i dont need to drill

65ShelbyClone

Google "drill chart."

Personally, I would not use carbide drills for this without some very secure way to hold both the jet and drill(like a lathe). Brass tends to grab and carbide will shatter if you try to bend the bit at all. HSS(high speed steel) will be more forgiving.

Those little carbide bits would be good for drilling something abrasive like fiberglass circuit boards.

is there any thing i should be aware of with the predator carb? i thought i read that the carb bowl cant come off a predator carb. any heads up or tips about the predator carb would be appreciated. thanks

TTS

FYI....im in fresno and didnt want to wait for online order for a drill set so i started searching. fresno ag had the individual bits and a set. they were out of the set and individual bits were any where from 2.5o to 3 $ apeice. holy crap! i only bought the #77 and 65 but read that others have had to use differeent sized bits to open up the jets. anyway today i went to hobbytown. they have all the bits for 89 cents each. bought every bit to make a set and a pin vice for 5 $. now im ready to re jet. TTS

on my predator 212cc the idle screw doesnt have a cover and doesn't have a jet in it... it's just a plastic screw with no hole in it... how would I reject my idle jet ?? confused..

I only was able to rejet the main, but wow what a difference engine sounds beastly and even had a blue flame come out the exhaust wtf? :S only mods are
racing spark plug
exhaust
k&n air filter w adapter
no governor
reject main w #65 drill

next up
mill cylinder head .055
copper head gasket
18lb valve springs
light port of shortside radius
billet flywheel w 4 degree key

Last edited:
Great DIY info.

At this point with the emulsion tube out could it be modified also? Solder/flux the holes? Would that help or hinder?

Also would you Only advise the jet changes if the stock Air box/filter is swapped?

Last edited:
bump with a couple of questions.

do you need to change the emulsion tube when opening up the main jet? or is it just something you do to maximize performance?

also the predator engine is slightly different from the clone, right? what do i need to be aware of to make things go smooth for me? like the idle jet? it is different from the clone right. how do i adjust the predator idle jet?

thanks

TTS

Would you Only advise the jet changes if the stock Air box/filter is swapped? All of my Predator 212 still retain the stock air boxes & filters.

ok tonight i drilled out the main jet. holy :censure:!! the front wheel does n ot want to stay down. this is great.

problem though. BTW, this is a predator in a badger 100. before doing anything, the motor would start no problem with full choke. however, i could only move it maybe 25% and it would sputter and die. so i drilled out main jet. works good, but i can only open the choke about 90%. if i open all the way, the motor will not stay running unless i keep blipping the throttle. how do i adjust the predator idle screw? the predator doesnt have a idle jet, right?

thanks chris for all the info you put here.

TTS

ok tonight i drilled out the main jet. holy :censure:!! the front wheel does not want to stay down...

TTS
HOLY COW!!! I spent ten minutes and drilled the jets on a replacement honda carb, what a change! The 212 is awake. Stock muffler stock intake Non stock wheelies!

All of my Predators are getting drilled.