drag motor finished

20150301_205216.jpg Another drag build finished. Can't wait to let it rip. 20150301_175228.jpg I know everyone likes pics so I thought I would post it. And the one with the round slide is a cruiser motor that I built along with it. The cruiser should be pretty peppy as well.

Last edited:
I need to jet the flat slide up and get rockers for the cruiser. but soon asi do I will post a vid. oh yea I need a good pipe for the drag motor to. any recommendation on a good drag pipe?

Which types of engine builds are better suited for flat slide carbs, and which are better suited for round slide?

For that matter, why are slide carbs so popular?

I'm serious. I know carburetors. I just don't know anything about slide carburetors.

Trying to decide if I want to use a slide carb on my 6.5 clone on my Baja Warrior.

to be flat honest with you I just know they offer better performance gains opposed to stock or going with like a gx390 carb. the 22mm round slide that I have on my cruiser motor will take you a long way with these motors though. I put the flat slide on my drag motor because I went with bigger valves and from what I hear the flat slide is far better then the knock off round slide. but you can get that 22mm round slide for like 30 bucks on ebay and it's well worth the money. it's the cheapest way to gain a good amount of power.

Cool looking motor.
I like the plug wire. Is that part of the ignition coil or is that an added wire to the stock coil pack?

Last edited:
I changed the stock wire and boot. I just bought a accel 8mm wire replacement at auto zone. you just unscrew the stock one from the coil.