El Tigre build

Axx3d

Well the snow is flying and the temps are only getting colder. My Tigre has been calling my name to rebuild it since my Aggie decided to not come apart yet ;)

I went through and gutted it last week. Ordered new bearings,shox and many other parts from OldMiniBikes during the sale.

The handle bars are bent and I wont be reusing them, but I think im going to get the same ones, I like the look.

]Custom mini bike seats, Gonna go with orange with silver piping for the seat colors..

all 6 bearings were shot.. Currently cleaning the chrome and the wheels and forks getting ready for paint.

20141128_091538.jpg 20141128_091550.jpg 20141128_091624.jpg bird1.jpg

Nice I have one I'm saving for the build off , I don't think your forks are correct as El Tiger had fixed handlebars and springer forks ? Cool project !!

Axx3d

I'm unsure of the bike.. I do know the frame is chrome and the seat said El Tirgre..

So im building it with what i got it with ;)

Cept.. im gonna go orange and chrome.. 20141203_131906.jpg 20141203_121741.jpg 20141203_112151.jpg

It's an El Tigre for sure and the forks are Bird , if they are original they've been modified thats all !
This is what my jacked up pair look like , been welded up and are rigid now , I'm gonna fix em though !

Axx3d

Went through and cleaned the frame until it shined to how it once was. There are some spots that the chrome is flaking but i think for its age its cleaned up very well!

I also got the new shocks and front forks mounted.. Gonna go wrestle with some 6" tires n rims..

20141207_142352.jpg

20141207_142336.jpg

Axx3d

Appreciate it!

Im waiting on paint to dry and my boy to come home to help me reassemble it.

Got the new bearings and new tires on the rims.. man best trick in the world is to get the tires warm as you can and lots of soap.. tires slid right on with minimum effort..

tires.jpg

Last edited:

Axx3d

New seat cover comes tomorrow. Debating on using the 3.5 HP Tec I have or get a new Pred n just run it.

Still got some minor things to do still, but she's coming along.

I tell the boy as soon as both feet reach the ground he can ride it.. He told me he gets taller everyday ;)

20141214_102633.jpg 20141214_102603.jpg 20141214_102659.jpg

cxbra

Its nice to see some El Tigre love! I have one also, with a rigid front end swap. I have the original forks but they broke in half haha. Heres mine.. 002 (16).JPG 004 (6).JPG I really love how the Predator 212cc swap filled up the bike! 6:1 gearing, it wheelies like a champ and is good for 35mph with crazy acceleration. The original front end makes the bike look horrible, the rigid front forks (Azuza copy I think) REALLY set the tone of the bike. I just need to make a nice exhaust for it and put a nice intake on her and she'll be done until I get a second bike to put my spare 5.5hp clone on :).

I'd avoid the 212 predator , the engine will sit so far right you won't get your foot on the peg , secondly you have to use a 60 tooth rear sprocket to keep the front end on the ground , that's easy though ! I have a Preddy on a Pinto so this is my experience opinion , also truly too much motor for the Birds IMO ? Others will argue as many Predators have been put on vintage minis , I made new longer foot pegs on my Pinto , didn't go too long so it wouldn't look goofy but just enough to get right foot on , good luck , I'm hoping to get back to work on my ElTigre soon !

Axx3d

Thanks for the kind words guys. I actually have some free time coming up and i'll be shop bound to finish up the seat n little things. I have a Tec 3.5 I'll be putting on there for now.

Axx3d

As always thanx for the kind words..

Im excited, I'll have shop time tomorrow after everyone leaves and ill be mounting the Tec 3.5. Gonna be able to run this tomorrow ;) Glad we dont have any snow..

Got the seat cover,foam and seat pan all finished/mounted.

20141224_093822.jpg 20141224_093816.jpg