EVENT: Perris Dirt Track Race Saturday, April 30

Perris 1/4 Mile Dirt Track Oval Race, Saturday, April 30

Gates Open 8:00

Practice 9:00 - 10:00

First Race 10:00

Gate $10 per person
Entry fee $45

Can I get a show of hands of everyone intending to race?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the $10 is the gate fee. You can go to So Cal Oval Karters.com to get the directions.

Perris is near Riverside. If you're in L.A., I'd say it's about a 1 1/2 hour trip.

If you have ever considered racing, this would be the place to start. I haven't seen a smoother dirt oval.

crowd

I can't give you a short answer to your question.

When I first started circle track racing the minibikes 1 year ago there were large turnouts. The racing was in Central California. The bikes were fast. I think half of them ran on alcohol. That ended.

Then we started here in Southern California. Presently we are on the program at 3 tracks, Perris, near Riverside, Ventura Raceway, in Ventura, and Victorville, at the San Bernardino fairgrounds. We have also raced at IMS, in San Bernardino (next to the Orange Show).

The racing seems to be fading. There now seems to be a shortage of people that want to race minibikes. It's really too bad because across the nation no one has established racing like we have. At least that's what I hear on this Forum.

I think though, the reason others haven't been able to get racing going in other parts of the nation is the same reason the turnout has dropped here. I believe most people in this sport like to talk more than ride or race.

I hope this has given you some insight.

rpm,

Wow! Thanks for the insight! I had no idea mini bike racing was fading...I know their trying to do drag racing at Irwindale if you haven't heard already.

Neck

Growing up is optional
All I can say Rob is sorry! The economy is in the tank, gas prices are through the freakin roof, and Perris is a long haul from Ventura, or L.A. for that matter! I'm committed to 6 months worth of dry lake racing at El Mirage and one trip to Bonneville, I just can't justify those trips to Perris, or I would be there! To the contrary, I think there's still a lot of interest in racing, just no funds. I could be wrong.

All I can say Rob is sorry! The economy is in the tank, gas prices are through the freakin roof, and Perris is a long haul from Ventura, or L.A. for that matter! I'm committed to 6 months worth of dry lake racing at El Mirage and one trip to Bonneville, I just can't justify those trips to Perris, or I would be there! To the contrary, I think there's still a lot of interest in racing, just no funds. I could be wrong.
I would like to try and make the next Victorville, maybe Perris. Things are financially up and down for me.

I like to ride, race and talk...ha ha...hope things get better for everyone

economy

id have to agree with "RPM" , the loss of intrest is probubly due to the economy , hence all the benchracing and talking ,people still want to be involved , just no funds ! being a contractor , the economy has put a crimp in my racing program aswell ! dont give up ! these bikes have been around for a long time , keep your chin up . maybe what we need is a nationwide organization ? maybe someone should contact some of the manufacturers for some kind of support ? if thay want to sell bikes , racers ar your best customer base . they buy new bikes and a lot of parts !!!! I would be more than happy to be the southeast rep. looks like I might have to get this thing going here again anyway! looks like thay had a good turnout here , just stoped racing? no shortage of tracks here , since we are in "nascar heaven" dont give up boys things have got to get better ! motox 157:thumbsup:

Mac

Mac, why do you feel that way, and so strongly???
.....I feel if the "Racers" put half the effort into promoting "Get-Togethers"
instead of so much time pushing races that only draw 10 people, we as a group
could have a great family oriented sport.

....If you look at the "Minibikes" being raced you'll notice they're almost all NOT minibikes, but trailbikes, or some kind of frankenbikes.

.....Where's our "Windber" ?

..... I must be getting mean in my old age...................

.So, Who won today. Was there a "Come from behind" win ?

The races were great! We had 8 racers total...not bad.

There was some tough racing and Martin took a pretty spectacular crash. He sustained a small cut on his chin.

We took some videos and we'll be putting them up shortly.

Take care you guys...Maybe you can help Mac put his family events together.

Results:
1st Fede
2nd RPM
3rd Mark

Sorry I missed it guys:( Glad you guys had fun. Thanks to RPM for all his efforts in organizing these events we will all miss you and all the work you did for us!!! Good luck with the Big Boys.

MiniBike Paul

Sorry Rob, but I believe there were only 7 of us, and only because William brought 3 bikes and riders!!

While it was a ton of fun, it was/is dissapointing how few riders participate, and that is why we are losing Rob and Fede and also why there will be little or no more of these races.

I know it makes Rob mad how Mac spoke up, but Mac's point is that after all the hard work by Rob and me, only 5 guys participate, as compared to the "Fun Day" we did that drew a big group - given how huge So Cal is, we should be able to do both!!

To the cheap skates, whiners and trouble makers I would like to say thanks for helping kill a good thing. Complain about the cost all you want, but at Victorville and elsewhere they run minibikes 3 sessions (practice, heat race and main) for a total of 20 laps - we ran 5 times saturday for a total of 74 laps!! The track is PERFECT and the go kart guys treat us with respect and comaraderie!

Maybe someone will buy RPM's bikes and stay active and maybe we can save this . . . . however, if Ventura decides to continue to run us at night, instead of moving us and a few other non-spectator classes to saturday morning as they have been discussing, I will not be organizing that either; and because we have such a small turnout, I do not have much clout with the track owner! We are invited to keep running Perris, but with only 4-5 riders it is marginal for them and not much fun for us!! If Edwin, Tony, Gaurdrail Dave and a few others would commit, combined with me, Martin, William and Mark, we could continue! Without others, it will likely just sort of dry up and go away!! I guess Rod's "impoverished Racers" will continue, however, I understand Victorville is mad at the low, low turnout (even the promoter, Rod, didn't show up last time), I have no interest in Victorville, so it is likely history also!!

There is a new track available out here in Simi Valley, but the owner would be labeled by most minibike riders as unreasonable because he won't let them in free - it is $45 for all day!

So, what now?? I have 2 built clone Baja's that will rot, not to mention my new 3" motor and the 3rd Baja I was about to build! Pisses me off a bunch!!

Last edited:
It's kind of a shame that the turnout was low. I personally cannot race with good reasons. RPM has worked hard and I/we should wish him the best luck in his new endeavors.

In this economy, building and racing with fuel costs at an all time high we should double down and just have Sunday Funday's where we all get together and the results of turnout will be much higher and alot more fun.

Minibike Paul has put an enormous effort out and remain's cool, it just "didn't go as planned perhap's?"

Lucky for me. I sold all but the best two mini's I have and now with my health and welfare. I will sell them both to the highest bidder. PM ME!

You tried and we got the best out of the shows, you should be proud of your accomplishments.

:doah:

TT out! :thumbsup:

I think it is great what you guys are doing out there. I wish we could have it on the east coast. Another reason people could be losing interest is the cost to be competitive against open modified clone motors is out of reach for most people. Minibikers for the most part are pretty much broke, and cant justify spending thousands of dollars on a minibike engine. For The the most part we run what ever we can find laying around or what is cheap. It kinda sucks going to the track week after week and watch the same guy with the big $$ engine run away with the race every time. Maybe if there were some kind rules to keep it cheap and level the playing field more riders would stay interested. just my opinion. good luck I hope you guys keep it going!