Everybody Please Read

8. Non Starters & Drop Outs will be deleted to avoid clutter. This means if you do not post once per month minimum or make an entry post by February 1st 2013 your entry will be deleted. To be clear on this, you must have 1 post in your thread at least once every 30 days. If you go longer than 30 days you will be removed.

I've been noticing that lots of the builds aren't getting updated every 30 days.

I have deleted some of these build threads, but there are some threads by guys who I see active on the site, but yet no update. Also, there are some builds that are nearly finished but aren't getting updated.

I know that not everybody wants to post monthly with nothing to say but they've been busy, but it is necessary because otherwise I can't tell if the builder is committed or not.

So please, if you are committed to your build and haven't been updating it, or you simply entered 2 many projects or lost interest in it please PM me so I can delete the thread. It makes it 10 times easier when it comes to grouping them up for voting.

If your thread isn't updated within the next few days, or I don't recieve a PM it will be deleted.

Thanks,

Clayton

:shrug:If you're this adamant about it, why not send a PM to the member before deleting? There could be a reason for the non-posting. I know it's a rule, but I'd hate to be deleted and be working like a loon on my bike about to post an update only to find my thread is gone

:shrug:If you're this adamant about it, why not send a PM to the member before deleting? There could be a reason for the non-posting. I know it's a rule, but I'd hate to be deleted and be working like a loon on my bike about to post an update only to find my thread is gone
I know what you mean, and I do realize that life happens and you may be unable to work on your bike for some time. And yes, I have been PMing before deleting, except for on the ones that haven't been posted on by the builder since the 1st month.

Also, just so everybody knows, it's not the guys who are done their bikes and not updating that I am worried about, it's the threads that haven't progressed.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Just send a quick PM to Clay to let him know your still in :shrug: I'm somewhat guilty myself, as I haven't updated my thread for a few weeks now :scared:

Vic

8. Non Starters & Drop Outs will be deleted to avoid clutter. This means if you do not post once per month minimum or make an entry post by February 1st 2013 your entry will be deleted. To be clear on this, you must have 1 post in your thread at least once every 30 days. If you go longer than 30 days you will be removed.

I've been noticing that lots of the builds aren't getting updated every 30 days.

I have deleted some of these build threads, but there are some threads by guys who I see active on the site, but yet no update. Also, there are some builds that are nearly finished but aren't getting updated.

I know that not everybody wants to post monthly with nothing to say but they've been busy, but it is necessary because otherwise I can't tell if the builder is committed or not.

So please, if you are committed to your build and haven't been updating it, or you simply entered 2 many projects or lost interest in it please PM me so I can delete the thread. It makes it 10 times easier when it comes to grouping them up for voting.

If your thread isn't updated within the next few days, or I don't recieve a PM it will be deleted.

Thanks,

Clayton
:thumbsup: the rules were clear in the beginning /its like survivor :laugh::laugh:

buckeye

Agree Dave. Folks are on here enough to see what posts are being made in the buidoff. Even if it's just a nothing done post, it's not that difficult.
Rules be rules.:shrug:

Thanks guys. :thumbsup: It's not a big deal, but since it's a rule and it makes things easier in the long run there's no reason why not.

Thanks everybody for cooperating. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. :thumbsup: It's not a big deal, but since it's a rule and it makes things easier in the long run there's no reason why not.

Thanks everybody for cooperating. :thumbsup:
well because you gotta keep it real for everybody that did obey the rules
no favoritism allowed :hammer:

edwin

Thanks,

Clayton
:shrug:

I know, I know, nobody really likes that rule or thinks it makes sense, but it was in the original rules made by Hent when he did the build off so we kept it. It isn't a bad rule because there were lots of projects that got updated once, or a couple that never ever got updated, and they really were just clutter. Last year there were lots like that too, one of my own builds included.

And before I delete a build a PM the builder to see why it's not updated, because I realize that life happens and you don't have time or you just forget or didn't realize.

Last edited:

edwin

8. Non Starters & Drop Outs will be deleted to avoid clutter.

Thanks,

Clayton

Timesawasten

Clayton you are doing a great job , and rules need to be followed , I had no time to finish my projects and gladly had them removed
Every one gets caught up in build off fever and wants to get involved , and that is not a bad thing
There are a lot off new projects started and that makes us all winners

Well...I hate to say it but I've been doing some deleting. If there was a misunderstanding the threads are soft deleted so I can bring them back, but rules is rules. :shrug:

The builds that have been completed and not updated I will not delete because they are completed.

Well...I hate to say it but I've been doing some deleting. If there was a misunderstanding the threads are soft deleted so I can bring them back, but rules is rules. :shrug:

The builds that have been completed and not updated I will not delete because they are completed.
so basically rule #5 has been thrown out!even though it was part of the original contract that we all agreed to when we started this build off .
if the rules from the beginning are subject change due to the fact that somebody might get their feelings hurt ,its not the kind of contest i want to be in! so if we are not going to adhere to the original rules ,i quit!
SO BY THE END OF THE DAY TODAY CLAY YOU CAN ELIMINATE THE SLACKERS OR MY TWO BUILDS/someone is getting cut today :hang: