FOMOGO's - Warrior - (Chinese Class)

Okay guys here is the results of yesterdays Salvage Yard raid.... We bought another bike to build and 2 more bare frames to use for the stretch. Black builders, Green stretchers

I want to let everyone know that the following pics are not my bike. We are building 2 Warriors at the same time. My friend Bruce's just happened to be the first to fall under the axe..... Beside I consider it prototype work for the build off bike..... You will see more of the same or similar pics of mine next week. We are going to weld his up and then put mine back in the jig and have at it. Bruce is just under 6 foot and I am 6' 2''. Sooo, his is the test bike for the stretch. We went 5 inches on his and he seems to think it would be more proportional at 4. He sat on it on the jig with a hose clamp holding the backbone together.... Said it felt good to him. I think it will be a little short for me. I will sit on it after it is welded together....

So here are some teasers of whats to come. Moderators if you feel this doesn't belong here I understand and please delete this post. I hope it is OK...

Under the AXE...

What we found in the frame. Steel shot...

Testing the distance

Adding the stretch

Look at the rear on that thing.... I like it.... Wait till it gets a big meaty tire on it...

All in all a very productive day I would say.

Doug

Last edited:
Looking good Doug....keep up the good work and keep those pics a coming !
Just look at the bike and avert your eyes from my junky mess of a shop......... I look in the back ground and all I see is more minibikes..... and more :001_9898: .....

Its like my shop, I call it a working shop....besides that I like junk ..:thumbsup:
Do you have a Tractor Supply up there where you live? Look at the picture of the bike from the rear. See those big clamps on the end of the table in front of the Bike? I got those at Tractor Supply for $14.95 each. They work great too. The little ones holding the rear axle fixture in the picture are Bessie's and I paid more than that for them...

rooks good:thumbsup: ..sooo you gonna puta ricer pipes :chinese:.....that engine makes gas tank look smaller :laugh:

Last edited:
rooks good:thumbsup: ..sooo you gonna puta ricer pipes :chinese:.....that engine makes gas tank look smaller :laugh:
No Ricer pipes..... The exhaust will make you think when you see and hear it. Something I don't believe anybody else has ever seen. I have seen 1 race car with this on it and it was done when the car raced in Europe in the middle 60's.

Like I said earlier done in old world traditions. If I can make it happen it will be killer! If it sounds half as good as the race car did I will be happy.

And the suspense builds....

I am eating a nice hot bowl of homemade Chili and watching it sleet at 3:30 in the afternoon..... Wooo Hoooo...

Doug

Wow!!! We now have 4 bikes in the "Chinese class". This just keeps getting better.... :thumbsup:

I had just joined in January of last year and was unfamiliar with the Forum and its activities. But this year I couldn't resist participating in the build off. So far it has been FUN and its only been a week..... :biggrin:

Well buy the weather forecast it looks like Wednesday before I go back out in my Shop and work on the Warrior. I guess I will go to my buddies and work on his Blazer Monday & Tuesday. We need to hang the doors and front sheet metal back on it anyway. He has a small shop with heat and air..... I cant afford to even try to heat or cool my barn.... Sheesh....

Doug

The weather was a little better than expected today so we worked on the Warrior most of the day. Got quit a bit done. Broke out a Big Boy Tool... An Evolution saw to cut a couple of motor mounts.

Mounts

What the finished cut looks like. Doesn't even leave a bur...

Made a bushing to fit the backbone.

Back bone together and ready to weld.

Gutted the stock engine plate and test fit the new plate along with the stretched bottom rails.

One last shot from the rear.

All in all a very good and productive day. Got a lot of the work fitted and ready to weld. Still have a couple of spots to grind off powder coat before the welding starts. As soon as it is welded up we are going to take it off the jig and mock it up to see if it is a comfortable length for me. And then mine goes back on the frame jig. We should be able to stretch mine in a single day since all the prototype work has already been done on this frame. We spent a lot of time measuring an uncut frame and the cut frame just trying to make sure the stretch was consistent. This one is 4 inches and I really like the proportions at that length.

Tomorrow will tell the tale about the length. I will post up pics comparing it to my old MB165. Should be interesting.

Doug

Well we got Bruce's Warrior off the jig today and mine is on. His is all welded and assembled as a roller. Actually got to see the light of day today. Here are a few pics.

Side by side with my old MB165 Warrior. trying to show the 4 inch stretch. Looks a lot better we think.

We really like the profile so far. What do you think???

Thanks for looking!

Doug

Last edited: