Furthest DB ride?

cxbra

Im just wondering how far you guys have taken your doodlebugs? I have a GREAT offroad playground behind my house that i've trailed out at least 2 miles. On road, ive probably done a 5 mile trek. Just a fun little topic:thumbsup:...

My neighborhood is 1 mile square surrounded by major roads. The same for the 'hood' west of my house. To the north is the next city (Livonia) where the cops give no breaks and to the south is a park patrolled by the county (off limits!!!) In the summertime (at night) I usually cover most of the streets in both areas. I only have to cross 1 major road (4 lanes)

I cover each street once, the longest I've been out is almost 2 hours. This year I will carry the GPS to see how many miles I usually cover in 1 ride.

I'm lucky the streets are smooth concrete and asphalt

vette66_00

Last weekend me on my stock DB and my Friend on his Tec 6 DB went 11.3 miles. He lives in the country where there are no cops unless there is a problem. We went to a couple fishing ponds and didn't catch a single thing. Not so lucky with the streets mostly back dirt roads though the back side of many property's. It was fun and I got a sunburn to show how much fun it was.
This summer we plan on going up into the mountains to a place that's called Jose Basin Tons of roads. You could drive all day and not go on the same road twice. Should be a blast.

mini99

Last weekend me on my stock DB and my Friend on his Tec 6 DB went 11.3 miles. He lives in the country where there are no cops unless there is a problem. We went to a couple fishing ponds and didn't catch a single thing. Not so lucky with the streets mostly back dirt roads though the back side of many property's. It was fun and I got a sunburn to show how much fun it was.
This summer we plan on going up into the mountains to a place that's called Jose Basin Tons of roads. You could drive all day and not go on the same road twice. Should be a blast.
Where do you guys normally ride? I have a couple buddies in Fresno, and I live in Sanger. We mostly ride in an industrial park over by the airport. We haven't really been anywhere else.

vette66_00

Where do you guys normally ride? I have a couple buddies in Fresno, and I live in Sanger. We mostly ride in an industrial park over by the airport. We haven't really been anywhere else.
Out Shaw west 6 miles from 99. About 4 streets from Biola. In the middle of grape vines. Gotta keep it slow around the vines since the Farmers get all pissed if you make a ton of dust. But lots of open area up Barstow. I think the first pond we went to was at Barstow and Chateau of Fresno.

Motra

I rode mine to work one day. 7 miles away, 14 miles round trip, in the city. Johnny Law didn't think it was very amusing but he didn't give me a ticket and let me ride it the rest of the way home.

the farthest i've gone on my DB is probably a mile or so around my neighborhood (every person i saw waved at me too).

the longest i've gone is probably 4 miles on bike trails by my buddy's place.