Generator

Well I was at the swapmeet yesterday and saw one of those really quiet 2000Watt Honda Clone generators. I have always wanted one of those but I am way too cheap to buy one. I mean forget about the Honda ones. Even the clone ones which look just like the Hondas are expensive for something I will only use at swapmeets and probably not even camping. Anyway the guy pulls in and there is one in the back of his truck. He gets out and I asked if it was for sale. And it was. Then I asked if it worked. And he said no. It had a dirty carb and he was sure that was all becasue he was a mechanic. I said how much and he said $100... I figured if it was just a carb great. And if it wasn;t I could always sell it at the next swapmeet not working for $100 anyway and get my money back. So I took it home. Cleaned the very rusty carb bowl and sprayed the hell out of it. I don't know whay I was thinking but when I looked at the choke, I figured one way was open and the other way was closed and marked it on the generator. It started right up and ran pretty rough. The charge light kept going from green to red and wasn't lighting a lightbulb. I figured it was just the dirty carb making it run like crap.... So I let it run for about 10 minutes and no change. I was getting ready to shut it off and start to just look for another carb. For some reason I decided to throw the choke lever the other way..... Revved up and ran perfect..... I got lucky. I felt stupid but was very happy.... Now I have this little generator that I am not sure I will use but have always wanted....lol

Motra

Nice! I've gotten good deals on generators a couple of times and always thing that it'd be a good idea to have one around, but after it sits in the garage untouched for a year or so I decide to sell it.

buckeye

Have to get and keep one down here in H country. I won't say the word for fear of jinxing us. Been pretty quiet for a few years. We're about due. Shhh...
That's a good score for a hun!!

That's awesome,

I was at the local boat launch a few years back and the guy next to me was having issues. His boat would start, run for a few seconds, then die. After I got done helping my friend I went over to offer him some advice -needless to say he had been going at it for awhile and was not in a very talkative mood.

Me being that smart a** little punk that I was I asked him "do you want me to tell you what's wrong or do you want me to just fix it". He jumps out of the boat like he's gonna drop me (it was right about that time that it occurred to me that he could...easily) thankfully he didn't, he says "you want it you can have it for what you got in your pocket" I thought he was kidding so I pulled out like 20$ and some change. He takes the money, walks to his truck, drops the trailer and drives away. Doesn't say a word.

The best part. I go over, vent the gas tank, fire it off and am flying down the river before he's even out of the parking lot.

I like that story a lot! Did the guilty feeling go away quickly, or did it last a good 5 minutes or so? Definitely a good day for you:thumbsup:

Hell I would have gave him the boat back but he just kept driving.
To answer you question the guilty feeling went away when I ran out of gas and had to paddle back to the dock.

Always take your test drives up river, let the current do the work :doah:

stuped me,all thes years i have tryed to calm sellers down,when ther
making a mistake? i even feel bad watching when someone is realy down,
backed him down him up aganst the wall,need to pay the rent/mortage,so the person might
beg to get $700.00 sometimes the buyer knowes he can get it to manheim,
next week and knows it will do $1500.00 at the sale,
BUT the buyer beets
the seller down to $500.00,just to make a extra $200.00, but then sometimes i can here the dealer/owner/sales manager
braging to his buddys about the great deal he got from a person that just
dont understand, he is real cool,he thinks, i thing he stinks! but thats just
me, :censure::grind::pimp::pimp:

i think we all need a nice thing to happen from time to time, makes it more fun,on my other post i just ment the guys that outright seem to scam people
that is what i hate to see. :scooter:

If the guy took the cash he is a grown man and he can make his own choices no way will I hold the sellers hand.

buddy of mine got a 07 electra glide for 6k 15 thousand miles on it should he feel bad and pay more then the seller is asking.... Hell no guy needed 6k cash same day and thats what he got.