Gilson "Razorback" Restomod

Waiting on a few parts I ordered off of ebay to show up, then I will resume putting this pile together for a test ride. I had to order a longer rear 12MM axle, chain tensioner's, and another box of RLV 35 chain. As of right now, color is up in the air. I am thinking red, but may do the original orange color as well. Below is my front wheel I will be running.

Fork Finished

Finally back at it. Hunting on the weekends keeps me busy, plus the kiddos. I wrapped up the bottom side of the fork tube by drilling it out just like the top and inserting the bearing.

New Parts

I have been busy, but waiting on parts as well. I bought a new rear axle that was 20MM longer than the one I had. It fits perfect and has plenty of room with the chain adjusters. I did put the new axle in, and spun the wheel by hand, very happy with how true the disc brake and sprocket spin. I also bought a new set of chain tensioners that should work good. Next I need to finish welding my swingarm and start putting my chain on my jackshaft to see if I must move my caliper further back. If I must move it I will have to slot the holes which isn't a big deal.

I seen those axle adjusters on fleabay and saved a set in my favs but didn't know if they would work or not. I'm gonna change all the screw on bits that I can with stainless and having problem finding eye bolts I'm willing to pay for.

I seen those axle adjusters on fleabay and saved a set in my favs but didn't know if they would work or not. I'm gonna change all the screw on bits that I can with stainless and having problem finding eye bolts I'm willing to pay for.
Yes, they are cheap, $10 to your door. I will most likely change out the stud and the nuts on them for some heavy duty stuff before riding it and install the studs back in with some red thread locker. However the machined black part seems just as stout as an eye bolt would be. Another option I might opt for it these fail is a 12MM heim joint, they are plenty strong.

Last edited:
We have a roller!

Finally have two wheels on this thing. My goal is to get it running and put some miles on it, work out the quirks along the way before putting any color on it.

Powerplant

This bike will be sporting a predator-non Hemi motor with the below mods.
Governor removed
Low oil sensor removed
ARC billet Rod
King Billet Steel Flywheel
Hemi flat top piston
RTC-8 Head
Head ported/polished
Ported carb from NR Racing, genuine Honda core .650 bored.

It did have a Black Mamba Sr cam in it until yesterday. I swapped it out for a Dynocam CL2 cam. The reason for the switch is the Sr makes great power, but you gotta be hauling the mail. The dynocam has more usable torque and lower end which is more friendly for my needs. I also swapped my ARC flywheel for the King billet steel flywheel. Gonna use my ARC flywheel on my Hemi predator build.

Last edited:
Pretty cool, done made up my mind I'm putting a clone on mine too. I think I'm gonna put an electric start on mine so I don't have to pull on it for my son. I do however plan on totally restoring the factory tec (and making it a bit hotter) and slapping it on there later on. My son is sick of tinkering with this thing and ready to ride it much faster than it's gonna take to work on the tec.

Pretty cool, done made up my mind I'm putting a clone on mine too. I think I'm gonna put an electric start on mine so I don't have to pull on it for my son. I do however plan on totally restoring the factory tec (and making it a bit hotter) and slapping it on there later on. My son is sick of tinkering with this thing and ready to ride it much faster than it's gonna take to work on the tec.
I hear your pain. I am putting a Honda on my old sears bike for my son. He won't hardly go to bed for bugging me about it. But I'll take that over bugging me about some technology BS/video game any day.