"Goliath" Mini Tank - Jeep2003 MT2W 2014

:laugh::laugh:Was welding a gate support the other day had my head tilted side ways. A splatter bead shot up over the full face visor and landed in my ear. Could feel the little bead burning as it ran deeper. Think my ear wax save me had not had my anual bath yet:laugh::doah:

Looking really good Jeep love the DIY drive gears:thumbsup:
I had that happen yesterday. I could distinctly hear the hairs in my ear singeing as I frantactly pounded on my head to remove the metal.

Very impressive job of engineering as usual Jeep. :thumbsup:

yea thats scary . whenever i weld sideways i make sure the mask is good and close so it covers my ear. dont wanna go deaf over something stupid like that

yea thats scary . whenever i weld sideways i make sure the mask is good and close so it covers my ear. dont wanna go deaf over something stupid like that
I'm a novice welder. I didn't consider that whole headsideways weldunderthebench thing. I thought I was doing good because I actually had the hood on, instead of closing my eyes and hitting the trigger for a second.

You OUGHT to hear the sound as the metal works it's way down though. It's up there with getting a tooth drilled without novacane.

Stupid is right- another lesson learned.

rmm727

:laugh::laugh:Was welding a gate support the other day had my head tilted side ways. A splatter bead shot up over the full face visor and landed in my ear. Could feel the little bead burning as it ran deeper. Think my ear wax save me had not had my anual bath yet:laugh::doah:

Looking really good Jeep love the DIY drive gears:thumbsup:
Had the same thing happen to me once. I turned that ear down and pounded the other side of my head hoping it would fall out but it never did. That was a weird feeling for sure.

I got the front bumper welded on and the rest of the lower frame tied in today. lookin pretty mean. I quit a bit early since its 0 degrees out there :eek:ut:

Your making fantastic progress:thumbsup:

This is one build that will really need a video to show it off. I can't wait to see this thing crawing along :smile:

I cant wait to get the framing farther along and get some sheet metal on it. Its looking pretty ominous :) front end is gonna be really cool. well the whole thing will be. I just want to see the look on my neighbors face when I roll this thing out of the garage :laugh:

:eek::drool::drool::drool: I Can't Believe.

Finaly managed to see how the drive gears work! How are you planning to tension the track?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
thanks guys :thumbsup: The tracks will be tentioned by moving the back axle. i might make slotted holes in the frame for it. Nothing spring loaded. I was really unsure if i would have to lengthen or shorten the track to get it the right length but sofar it looks like it will work out perfect. The front end is going really well. Iv got the sheetmetal and headlight bucket made on one side already. I ran into a slight design change. The transaxle will lift straight out the top but i didnt figure for the brake pulleys. They will have to come out the sides. so ill have to make those front side pannels unbolt aswell as some of the frameing. No big deal iv got it figured out :thumbsup: Also found a perfect flywheel to bolt on with the pulley on the bottom of the engine. Another thing i might do is put a double pulley on top if reaching way under the tank to pull start it becomes annoying. then ill just have to pop the hood and itll be alot nicer. no problem i can easily do that later on. Also I need a 7" pulley with 3/4" shaft if anyone has one laying around. If not no big deal iv got plenty of time to find one at the junk yard